shape
carat
color
clarity

Romantic and simple..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sarah@GOG

Rough_Rock

The proposal: (because i know girls feed off of hearing these kinds of things)... Dave my Fiance is tremendosly romantic first of all. <3 We knew we wanted to get married 7 weeks after we met eachother. Crazy right?! Few can understand.. anyway, since we already knew that we were getting married and he was going to eventually have to get me a ring that part would not be a surprise so i said to him ''when you propose make sure it is in a surprising way but none of that treasure hunt business'' i like it super-romantic and simple.

SO! it was Feb 19 (just a few months ago) and he told me he was going to pick up for dinner at my house at 7. i get outta work at 6. He told me it was a nice place and to dress appropriate. When he said this i thought hmm maybe this is it.. but it can''t be! it would be too obvious.. So i get home around 6:13 pm walk downstairs into my room.. as i am walking downstairs i see a dim glow coming from my room.. the first thing i see is candles spread out on the floor in the shape of a perfect heart.. with rose petals scattered in the middle. (i know) Realizing he moved everything out of my living room area to make it look nice and neat i see 7 bouquets of a dozen red rosens lined up against my wall. Then there he is standing in the corner,( the door was kind of blocking him and i was busy taking in all the decor) dressed in a price custome he ordered off line (when we first met i would tell him that he is my prince because he is right out of a fairy tale meaning guys like him do not exist).

So i walked up to him over joyed. He gave me a little speech and got down on his knee and in a heart shaped box was my beauty-ful ring.. after that he played our wedding song "can''t help falling in love" by elvis presley and we danced together and then he took me to a beautiful fancy french restaurant on the water which had the coolest most unique food i have ever had.

In my opinion it was the perfect proposal and i would not change a thing about it. He totally surprised me and i loved it.

30.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Awww, that''s a beautiful proposal. Congratulations!
1.gif

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Did he wear the prince costume to the restaurant? :)

Sarah@GOG

Rough_Rock
No :) he could have though because it was prince/princess -ey themed.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!
but.. I told your Dad he should invest in a good shotgun to keep the boys away!
Too late now I guess!
hehehehehehe

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Sarah
36.gif
!! What a lovely romantic proposal!
30.gif

I assume the ring and the fiance meet your Dad''s approval?
20.gif

Sarah@GOG

Rough_Rock
haha yes we picked it out with my Dad together.

Sarah@GOG

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 11:23:22 AM
Author: strmrdr
congrates!
but.. I told your Dad he should invest in a good shotgun to keep the boys away!
Too late now I guess!
hehehehehehe
Haha too late is right!
31.gif

lisamarie

Shiny_Rock
Sarah,

You need to do a SMTR post! It looks so pretty from your avatar!

smooleys

Rough_Rock
Sounds like it was a great proposal. I''m trying to figure out how to do mine this fall...I''m graduating law school and I feel like all my creative juices have been sapped! I will be contacting you and your dad in August to get rolling and am looking forward to the "selection process."

Congrats!

Sarah@GOG

Rough_Rock
Aw thanx. well i can give you some help even with proposal ideas! I know what girls are into if i am familiar with that type of girl. Me and my dad look forward to hearing from you soon!
Date: 5/9/2008 7:24:48 PM
Author: smooleys
Sounds like it was a great proposal. I''m trying to figure out how to do mine this fall...I''m graduating law school and I feel like all my creative juices have been sapped! I will be contacting you and your dad in August to get rolling and am looking forward to the ''selection process.''

Congrats!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Sarah! Wishing you nothing but happiness, success, and undying love in your engagement and marriage-to-be.

Is there anything you would''ve changed about the proposal? (Even little stuff)

Sarah@GOG

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 2:00:28 AM
Author: kittybean
Congratulations, Sarah! Wishing you nothing but happiness, success, and undying love in your engagement and marriage-to-be.

Is there anything you would''ve changed about the proposal? (Even little stuff)
Thank you so much, honestly, there is nothing i can think to have changed. Maybe that i looked a little bit nicer on that night, that is it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah, I almost never read in this forum, so I missed this!!! Congratulations to you on your engagement!!! You REALLY MUST post your ring in Show Me the Ring!!! We need to see it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results