shape
carat
color
clarity

Robbie!!! Bridal Scam?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
So I just received a call from Simplicity Bridals about a free trip I''d won. They had all my info, etc from a bridal show I recently went to. I did a search on here and saw the same thing happened to Robbie. They want FI and I to go to this cooking thing this Friday at the Ramada Inn. (I have a call into the Ramada Inn manager about it) They say no credit cards, no time shares and no purchase necessary. However, being the constant cynic, I''m thinking it''s for the birds.

Is this crap? If we do watch the sales pitch but don''t buy anything will we get the 8 day 7 night thingy?

I''m thinking this is too good to be true....
7.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
DH and I didn''t go to the demonstration because there are all kinds of reports on ripoffreport.com about them. I was so excited when I got the call. Sorry you got one too
7.gif
. I hate companies like that.

You''ll probably get more calls from them. I got at least 2 telling me I''d won a honeymoon.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I hate getting calls like these.

I once got one from a call centre telling me that the telephone number they called me on was selected to receive a free mobile phone. I asked the operator what I had to do to obtain this so called free mobile phone. She gave me a long spiel about the telecommucations company she was was calling on behalf of. I asked her again what I had to do get this free phone and she finally told me I had to sign up on one of their plans.

I retorted that it wasn''t free because I had to pay money for the plan and that it was wrong to say I was getting a free mobile phone. Her retort was along the lines of "Let me tell you madam, nothing in this world is free".

My response? "Then you have no right to say it was a free phone" and promptly hung up on her.

Sure, you probably did win a free holiday - but I don''t think you will like the conditions that come with it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a scam to me. Yes you may have won something, but the hoops you have to jump through may not be worth it, or your time. I think it stinks they pull this on brides to be.
38.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
oh grrrr. I figured it was too good to be true. darn it.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Just don''t get caught up in the Nigerian scam!! You know the one where you receive an email from some official who has a billion dollars hidden away and to get it out of the country, they need your help. It''s amazing how many people get fleeced by this one. It''s the old adage of "If it''s too good to be true, then it isn''t"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results