shape
carat
color
clarity

RIP Harley cat

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i'll keep it short:
Harley cat had an assist Friday night at 755p and is now at peace.
he had a good run.
I found him along side highway 9 between santa cruz and felton around 1030p on a Friday night as I was returning home in august 1994.
saw this little shape and the eyes when my headlights came around a curve.
told myself I already had 3 cats and I couldn't save them all.
got about a mile up the road and turned around to see if I could find him.
and I did.
the next day I took him to the vet who told me she didn't think he'd make it.
19 years later and after having fought the good fight with many health issues including cancer, he just got too weak.
it was I think the most peaceful assist I've taken part in.
our vet was also in tears.
he got to feel the sun on his face one last time and watched the sun set.
as I crooned to him he continued to watch the sky.
he turned to look at me over his shoulder and was gone. it was like he had that one last thing to do.
he was cremated Saturday at 11a and his urn is #7 on my table.
it just never gets easier.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss MZ. Hugs to you. You are right-it never gets easier.
You gave him a wonderful long life full of love and comfort and I know how much he will be missed by you.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry MZ. He was lucky to have a great run of 19 years with you, and vice versa. <3

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MZ, I'm so sorry. Reading you post brought tears to my eyes as it reminded me of my own kitty. Harley's had a good second life with you and knew it too. Many hugs to you.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about Harley. He was clearly loved and had a long and comfortable life. It doesn't really get any easier though, you are right. Take care of yourself.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
MZ, love to you & Harley. What a good way to go you provided him. Good life, good death. You followed your heart the whole way, and we can't do better than that. Your post made me cry & think of my own sweet generous Meat Loaf, who died quietly on my lap in October but it hurt too much to write about here. It never does get easier, and in a way that's how it should be -- because it could only be less wrenching if we stopped loving.

Giant squeezy hug for you.

--- Laurie

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Big hug.

Makes me think of my first cat, I had him from age 10 to 29! Awww, little Scooter. Sorry you're going through this but I'm happy to know Harley had such a great owner to take care of him.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty Harley :(sad

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart is heavy MZ, I am so sorry! I teared up reading your post - Harley had such a wonderful life with you. This is so hard. May precious memories of Harley bring you some comfort. ((( Hugs )))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs MZ. My thoughts are with you.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, MZ, what a beautiful story and great connection between the two of you. What an intuitive relationship it sounds like you had from the outset - and it sure sounds like you knew when it was time. RIP, Harley. Good cat momma, MZ. Grieve knowing that you made all the right decisions and Harley had a better life because of you.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
My condolences on your loss, Mozo. :(sad

He lived a wonderful life with you, and he's in a good place now.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
What a great life you gave him!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ, I'm so sorry to hear of Harley's passing. I hope you will take comfort in how lucky he was to have been a part of your loving family for so long. Biggest hugs outgoing.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry MZ. :( Hugs.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sad to hear of Harley's passing. It sounds like the perfect way to leave this world and start the next journey. He will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge, with all his buddies around him! {{{HUGS}}}

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs, MZ.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Harley was a very lucky cat, and you were equally blessed. I'm so sorry to hear he's gone.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Harley, MZ. You're right - it never, ever gets easier. I am sorry for the pain you are feeling and hope the good memories buffer your heart against the grief.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about Harley, MZ. Sounds like you two had a wonderful life together. Rest in peace, Harley. Hugs to you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHOH so sorry MZ. Truly sad for you.

Healing vibes across the miles....

kind regards--Sharon

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
RIP, Harley. You lived a wonderful, long life. I'm hugging my kitties extra tight today, in memory of you.

MZ, I am very sorry for your loss.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
MZ, I'm so sorry Harley is gone, but you gave him such a wonderful life. Moved me to tears. Wishing you peace.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
ounds like Harley had a great run, and was loved till the end . Peace to you my friend
elisa

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry for your loss, and understand the heartache. It sounds like Harley cat had a long, loving life with you, Movie Zombie, and that he knew it and appreciated it. 8)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry honey. ((HUGS)).

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
So sorry MZ. What a loving home you gave him! He will be waiting for you. Big Hugs!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a loved pet is like losing a friend. You gave him a wonderful life.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss, MZ :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results