shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

centrc

Rough_Rock
A short time ago, I posted about what a wonderful experience I had at NSC. Let me continue the story.

A few days after I purchased the ring, I had some doubts about the stone. My wife had really liked the padparadschas, so I ended up purchasing a beautiful one from Richard Wise instead going with the Celyon blue from NSC. NSC was very understanding and had no problems stopping my order and, actually, I ended up going back to the NSC to get it set. They did a WONDERFUL job with the setting and I would most definitely recommend them! I also bought Richard''s book and would also recommend it as well!

Ok.. I am not an expert at taking pictures, but here we go.

ring1sdfgdfgfdgdf.jpg

centrc

Rough_Rock
second one

ring2dfgafdaffdss.jpg

centrc

Rough_Rock
And third...

ring3sfsdgfsdgsg.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That is a very pretty ring. Is that the 0.66 ct Pad he has on his site? I came very close to buying that stone.

centrc

Rough_Rock
Cind11, yes it is! I am glad I bought it. It is very beautiful and my amateurish pictures don''t do the stone justice!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful color and setting. Very elegant. I browsed NSC website today and they have lovely stones, but the one I really want is definitely above my budget (a Kashmir - if it were smaller...)

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beauty!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, and I''m crazy about the setting.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous, you did a great job! I love the color! Congrats on your engagement!

ETA: Haha, I just realized that your already married, silly me--I'm not awake yet lol. Regardless, it really is beautiful, that color is stunning!

centrc

Rough_Rock
Thanks Everyone!

Actually this was not an engagement ring -- It was to replace my wife''s few other "right hand" rings that she cannot wear anymore because of a nickle allergy.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It''s great!!!!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The padparadscha sure looks a lot larger than 0.66 ct in your pictures.
31.gif
The setting is beautiful too. Is it platinum (since you mentioned nickel allergy)? Does your padparadscha sapphire come with lab certification?

centrc

Rough_Rock
Hi Chrono

Yes, only .66 Carat. My wife was just remarking on that the other day. I think the Pave Halo makes it look larger. You can see the difference when she holds it next to her engagement ring, which is over a carat. I also think the color makes it look larger and "pop out" on her skin.

It is platinum. I had toyed with getting Palladium, but even after reading all the great things about it I decided I couldn''t find it in me to trust it yet with some of the negatives I found (e.g., Brittleness, Difficult to resize, casting could result in pits). I didn''t want to take any chances.

The pad is not certified by an independent lab (e.g., GIA). I didn''t think the stone price merited the cost of getting it done. It is, however, certified by Richard Wise, who I purchased the stone from. He included a certification using the grading scale from his book.

http://rwwise.com/products/id|1641

There it is :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the reply. The only reason I asked about certification is because of prevalent BE diffusion treatment done to padparadscha sapphires that even the very best experts find it difficult to detect. It is a lovely stone which looks at home in that halo setting. I definitely see the reason for her being delighted.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

At some point I would definitely get the stone certified. I''m sure that Richard is correct but it''s always good to have certification for proper insurance purposes as Pads command a premium.

Porridge - if you want a similar setting, I bought mine from LOGR. They added milgraining to the bezel and outer edge at my request. I can''t remember the total cost but I think it was somewhere around $300.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Chuck,

Glad it all worked out, we don''t have a selection of pre-made settings so my apologies for not being able to handle that for you given the few days we had before the holiday.

On lab certification, never a bad idea, particularly if it gives you peace of mind. AGL, American Gemological Labs in NY will do it for about $200.00. The paperwork I sent you is adequate for insurance purposes.

I assume that when you said you bought my book, you meant Secrets rather than The French Blue. Glad you enjoyed it.

Best,

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
The ring looks great! I''ve been looking for this follow up thread for a few days =)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! Very much like the endless love setting.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results