shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring violation!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 11:48:20 PM
Author: angeline

Love in Bloom - did you ever see the movie Zoolander? David Duchovny is in it as a retired actor/model with a famous hand, and he has a bariatric glass bubble around his hand to protect it. Just reminded me of your plexiglass bubble - too funny!

a
Yes, angeline, I have seen that movie. Sadly, I am not a good eugoogly-izer. And how did that guy get his bikinis off like that???? It cracks me up! Yeah, that's the concept. We should ask Surf if she has seen that movie....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2007 10:15:44 PM
Author: surfgirl

Date: 6/9/2007 7:42:20 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
I think Surf was concerned more about her thin girdle and that her diamond would somehow get chipped...

Complements are always welcome for me and if someone is really interested/looking for engagement ring options (i.e. asking specifics like ring size, manufacturer, metal, etc.) I will let someone look at my ring closer (on my finger, of course). But I never expect someone to grab and tap on it. That is diamond assault!
29.gif

Exactly what I was trying to get at Love...

Enough of the racial slurs, can we get back to MY RING!
20.gif

heh heh...
if you''re really concerned about a fingernail chipping it, I''d be afraid to wear it!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2007 10:54:42 PM
Author: surfgirl
Harriet, I wiped it off as soon as the perp left the scene of the crime
40.gif
And I have disinfected it with good old fashioned soap and hot water. I am considering lighting some sage and having a Native American smudging session...Is it too over-the-top?
37.gif
What? Definitely not too over-the-top! Do what cha gotta do...I''m of cherokee and choctaw descent, nothing wrong with doing a little purifying of the ring...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2007 8:08:14 PM
Author: Finding_Neverland
Once in a while, I see an interesting ring that I compliment to the wearer. Sometimes, I even egg for a closer look by asking, ''May I?'' But I''ve never touched someone''s ring before.

That lady thumping on your stone with her fingernail. Was she thinking a melon test??!!

Thud, Thud. Yep that''s fake. Clink, Clink. Yep that''s real.
38.gif
Exactly! For me, reading that post...oh forget it, I''ll start a new one...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2007 8:08:14 PM
Author: Finding_Neverland

That lady thumping on your stone with her fingernail. Was she thinking a melon test??!!

Thud, Thud. Yep that''s fake. Clink, Clink. Yep that''s real.
38.gif
Ha! And everyone knows that''s not the way to tell melon quality...it''s gotta be heavy for its size!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m more than happy to discuss jewellery with people - but not many people here even seem to want to. It''s like the ring is just the symbol and as long as it says diamond or whatever on the box that will do...
8.gif

With my good friends I''m quite happy for them to try my rings on and I ASKED the sales assistant in a top uk jewellers to try my e-ring on with a couple of wedding bands because I find it easier to judge things on other people sometimes.

So far no-one except FI has tried to touch the stone. He does it everytime and it drives me barmy. I have a lense cloth just for my ring now! I have tried to explain that it is just like me putting a big thumb print on his new camera lenses -he still doesn''t get it.
20.gif

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Cehrabehra I love your comments!
Surfgirl,
I agree that it was rude of her to tap her finger on your stone! Some people are just clueless in regards to R-E-S-P-E-C-T! I have never had anyone do such a thing to me, but I am little stand-offish and would probably bite someones head off if they did that! I think if they were polite and asked to look at my ring I would feel all warm and fuzzy inside and be obliged. And there are very few people I would actually take my ring off to show to them, it's a matter of trust. I don't go into bridal stores anymore, but I think that kind of behavior is probably not uncommon, sorry it happened to you!
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results