shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GW86

Rough_Rock
So I know everyone is different but I just bought a ring with 1.04 princess carat and trillions on the side. When friends tell me how big their rings are, it ranges from 1.7-2 carats. I feel like I bought mine too small. Is their an avg. size or does it depend on the person/budget?

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''ve read somewhere that less than 20% of all women have larger than 1 ct. I would guess the average woman''s engagement ring is between .5 and .75 ct. But it depends on personal preference and budget more than size.

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
While there might be an average size amongst your social circle, it really varies depending on where you live and who you hang out with. Most of my friends have around a 1.5, but a couple have much smaller stones and no one really cares.
The other thing is that depening on your ring size a 1.04 could look huge on someone with tiny fingers or look about average on someone with bigger fingers...
Honestly if you like the ring and it''s within your budget, I wouldn''t worry about it. If you can afford more but just didn''t spend the extra cash, perhaps your GF can upgrade if she wants in the future...

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 4:51:04 PM
Author: XChick03
I think I''ve read somewhere that less than 20% of all women have larger than 1 ct. I would guess the average woman''s engagement ring is between .5 and .75 ct. But it depends on personal preference and budget more than size.
I''m pretty sure this is true. The national average is between .5 and .75 ct.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 4:44:09 PM
Author:GW86
So I know everyone is different but I just bought a ring with 1.04 princess carat and trillions on the side. When friends tell me how big their rings are, it ranges from 1.7-2 carats. I feel like I bought mine too small. Is their an avg. size or does it depend on the person/budget?
I believe it''s important that men respect their budget when buying a ring. No woman in her right mind would want her man to go into major debt for her ring.
2.gif
That said, I think your fiancée-to-be is a very lucky woman, there is no such thing as a too small ring, especially if it''s over 1 ct!!
18.gif

Congratulations!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There have been several threads on this topic, I believe. Some of them were women inquiring whether their ring was "too large." Despite what one''s friends and peers may lead them to believe, I think that everyone has their own idea of what size is big or small. I wouldn''t worry too much over whether you bought your FI a diamond that was too small, GW86. It was your decision, and I''m sure you had your own reasons for purchasing that size. Be happy and at peace with what you have...no need stressing out about it because if it''s given in love you''ll receive love back that you can''t put a dollar amount on.
emrainbow.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I''ve read somewhere that less than 20% of all women have larger than 1 ct.
Less than 1% of all women have larger than 1 ct. There''s almost 3.5 billion women on earth. But, yeah, that''s a pretty erudite statistic.
2.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
How cares about everyone else!

Do YOU like your ring...Surely, that''s all that matters?

Can we have some photo''s....I''m sure it''s absolutely gorgeous!

Blod

35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A carat is a great size and nothing to be sneezed at! You can always find or see one bigger, so enjoy the diamond you have! Some will think it''s too big, others too small - it''s what you think that matters. If you love it thats what is important. Yes pics please!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2006 4:26:09 AM
Author: JulieN

I think I''ve read somewhere that less than 20% of all women have larger than 1 ct.
Less than 1% of all women have larger than 1 ct. There''s almost 3.5 billion women on earth. But, yeah, that''s a pretty erudite statistic.
2.gif
I think the stastics I saw were counting only married women in America. But less than 1% in the world makes sense if you count everyone in third-world countries and those who aren''t married.

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I don''t believe in trying to keep pace with others. It''s a race that you will never win. There will always be someone with something much bigger than you. I have some wealthy family members...there is no way I could ever keep up with some of their jewelry, in terms of total $$, even if I were foolish enough to try. I buy jewelry, within our budget, that appeals to me. I like pieces that are beautiful, somewhat classic yet unique. So even though I don''t have the most expensive jewelry around, I love my jewelry & am very content (not that I''m above adding to my collection hehehe). I could suggest setting your diamond in something beautiful that you feel is special, if you haven''t already.

That being said, I don''t think there is anything wrong with upgrades (especially since I''ve upgraded mine *grin*). As long as you are comfortable with the price and it is something that you want for you, not to compare with other people. Otherwise, I''d be content with what I had.

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
Hello!
A 1.04 ct is definitely a substantial size for a diamond for an engagement ring. Most people will never have or give a ring with a diamond that large. Your lady is very very lucky to be sporting such a ring!

There are average sizes and average $$ amounts that are spent given a certain city or state or province (for us Canadians). Apparently the average amount spent on an engagement ring in my city - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada -population of less than a million people) is $2,500. This does not buy you a large diamond. I have a 0.74ct solitaire and people are always oohing and aahing over it calling it a "rock" all the time! People would fall over if I started sporting a 2ct ring.

It really doesn''t matter what size it is. It is more important to stick within a budget. We raised our ring budget because we decided to spend less on the wedding. (ring = many years, wedding = 1 day) What''s more important to you??

Plus those people who bought 2ct rings might have had to take out huge loans (or 2nd mortgages in some cases) to buy them. It''s just like when you see people driving these fancy sports cars and think to yourself "Wow... they must have lots of money!!" In reality, many of those people probably don''t have lots of money.... just lots of debt!!

Try not to compare yourself with other people on this subject.... just figure out what your priorities are in life (e.g. huge engagement ring and no vacations for next 5 years or beautiful 1ct engagement ring that will knock her socks off......)

GW86

Rough_Rock
WOw, you have all been very helpful. Thank you very much. I will try to post some pics later of it. THANKS!

GW86

Rough_Rock
Good call GGLW, you don''t want a Huge ring for a small person. ThankS!

GW86

Rough_Rock
Thanks Shawna. Very good points. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results