shape
carat
color
clarity

ring size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ric

Rough_Rock
Can a ring be resized from a size 10 to a size 5.5 without compromising the integrity or look of the ring? Would love some advise. Thanks.
33.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s a big jump. what kind of ring is it?

ric

Rough_Rock
Forgive me, I am a novice so here is a picture. It is white gold. Thank you for your time.

Myring1213.jpg

TechSales

Rough_Rock

I'm going through a problem of knowing what the right size is and what I have been told from other members on PS is that generally 2 sizes, up or down, is the maximum. Also they have told me if there are stones going down the sides it can be harder - It's kind of hard tell from the picture but it looks like this may the case for you.

I would wait and get a more expert opinion (you came to the right place - these peep's have helped my sooo much!) but my 2 cents (from what I have been told here) is that you will encounter problem's...

beautiful ring though - is it going to be an e-ring?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I think that is too much for this ring.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there might be a jeweler willing to do the sizing, but my guess is no.

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
I have a similar ring that I had resized from a 7 to a 4.5. Due to the reshaping that happened with the resizing, one small stone on the end continually pops out. I may just have bad luck, but I would hesitate before sizing any pave or bead set rings again. I hope whatever jeweler you take the ring to is upfront about any negative side effects that may occur as a result of the resizing.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a huge drop in size and with the pave, I''d say I wouldn''t do it.

ric

Rough_Rock
My wife lost her old ring so I purchased this one to slip in to her christmas stocking. It looking like plans have changed though. Unless she has the unfortunate event of striking her finger with a hammer and it swells to a size 10.
21.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you pick something else out?? No hammers please, ouch!!!
3.gif

ric

Rough_Rock
Not yet. How many shopping days until chritmas do we have left??
41.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it possible for them to order that ring in her size??

ric

Rough_Rock
I''t might be possible. The doors is open to options though. She has no choice in this purchase...........It''s a surprise.
31.gif
I might go with a total different ring. Let''s hope I make the right decission!! Heck, I can''t even rent the right movie sometimes. I come home with "Rambo" and she wanted "Steel Magnolias".
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results