shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring size (width of band, not diameter)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VetteVert

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for some insight as to what would look appropriate here.

I will be setting a 1 ct. stone in a solitaire setting. I don''t like the extremely thin styles, so I was looking at the 3mm ones. My girls ring size is 7.0 - 7.5. Will this look weird? Too wide for either her ring size or for a 1 ct. stone? I can''t seem to find side by side comparison photos to help me judge.

Thanks for the opinions!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamond_Virgin just went through decided on a setting for his .8 carat diamond. He's future fiancee also wears a size 7. here is the thread.

Here's chinchy's gorgeous custom ring...original thread

ringedhands.jpg

i think it would look lovely
1.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
HI,

The 3mm will be perfect. A skiny band would look silly on a larger hand.

best wishes...dyanne (enlgand,UK)

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
A 7 is a very average size, and I think any width could look great on her. If both you and she like a slightly wider band, then go for it! 3mm isn''t all that wide anyway. I''ve seen up to 5mm on a woman...

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
Hey Vette,

I had a similar situation, as mrssalvo already noted. It can be tough to find pictures of size 7''s on this board, everyone seems to have such small hands! I was torn between wanting a smaller band to make the diamond stand out more, and a wider band because I liked the ring style more. Just for your info here are some rings I was looking at and there sizes:

1. x-prong 2.69mm (bottom) 3.73 (top) 3.32 (middle)

2. sleek line 2.8mm (bottom) 1.9 (top) 2.6 (middle)

3. Royal Crown 2.85mm (bottom) 2.74 (top) 3.14 (middle)

Something that was said to me, and it''s very true, is that a lot of the time you''re talking about tenth''s, or hundredths, of a millimeter, which is ridiculously small. So don''t let the band size determine which ring you get, go with the one you like best!

Cheers,
Eban

VetteVert

Rough_Rock
Good point about the difference being so small. Thanks for your input
1.gif

Date: 12/8/2005 11:09:44 AM
Author: Diamond_Virgin
Hey Vette,

I had a similar situation, as mrssalvo already noted. It can be tough to find pictures of size 7''s on this board, everyone seems to have such small hands! I was torn between wanting a smaller band to make the diamond stand out more, and a wider band because I liked the ring style more. Just for your info here are some rings I was looking at and there sizes:

1. x-prong 2.69mm (bottom) 3.73 (top) 3.32 (middle)

2. sleek line 2.8mm (bottom) 1.9 (top) 2.6 (middle)

3. Royal Crown 2.85mm (bottom) 2.74 (top) 3.14 (middle)

Something that was said to me, and it''s very true, is that a lot of the time you''re talking about tenth''s, or hundredths, of a millimeter, which is ridiculously small. So don''t let the band size determine which ring you get, go with the one you like best!

Cheers,

Eban

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results