shape
carat
color
clarity

ring pix

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone!

I got a picture of my ring from my jeweler today - I''m trying to attach it so everyone can see.

f0rbidden033006.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - really nice! Can you remind me of the center stone specs? I love the milgraining and graduated diamond shank....YUMMY!!!! Ooh and I just saw the detail in the gallery.....BEAUTIFUL! That EC is just divine!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks stunning. I love all the detail and the EC is such a classy stone choice.

jadove

Rough_Rock
That is so beautiful!! Make sure you show us some hand pics soon :)

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
thanks for your feedback! i admit when i saw the picture i was a bit taken aback and i wasn''t sure i liked it! oh no!
but the more i look at it, the more little details i find that i just adore.

The center stone is:

Shape Emerald Measurements 6.81x4.67x3.33
Weight 0.97
Color D
Clarity VVS2
Table 70%
Depth 71.3%
Fluorescence None
Cut Ideal
Girdle Slightly Thick
Symmetry Very Good
Culet None
Polish Very Good

I know the table and depth % are a bit higher than ''recommended'' but..it was just the most amazing diamond when we saw it in person - my husband immediately picked up on the cut of this stone vs. another we saw at the same time, and the flashes of fire it gives off are enough to make any dragon jealous ...i just adore emerald cut diamonds!

I cannot WAIT to see this in person and am only sorry it''s going to take a bit longer before we actually physically have it. I am going to ask if my jeweler will take some pictures from the side (is that called the ''gallery'') and of the shank, so I can see the engraving!

YAY!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 7:01:39 PM
Author: f0rbidden
I know the table and depth % are a bit higher than ''recommended'' but..it was just the most amazing diamond when we saw it in person - my husband immediately picked up on the cut of this stone
It just goes to show that there are no "standard" percentages or stats when is comes to an EC....you''re right that those numbers aren''t "standard," but you got a beautiful stone nonetheless!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its drop dead kicken :}

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s very lovely! And hand pics soon.....
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow Forbidden, that is one heck of a ring!
36.gif
When will you be able to pick it up? And perhaps post a few more
emphoto.gif
?
31.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring is absolutely beautiful!!! When do we get to see hand shots?

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!

I have to admit when I opened the mail and saw the picture the first time..I thought "that''s MY ring? OH NO!" and I didn''t really like it, which was heartbreaking!
but..the more I look, the more I love!!!

I will have it in hand - or rather ON hand - around the end of May. We have it on layaway, 4 more payments to go - unless I win the lottery, of course
26.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 10:28:32 PM
Author: f0rbidden
Thanks everyone!!!

I have to admit when I opened the mail and saw the picture the first time..I thought 'that's MY ring? OH NO!' and I didn't really like it, which was heartbreaking!

but..the more I look, the more I love!!!

I will have it in hand - or rather ON hand - around the end of May. We have it on layaway, 4 more payments to go - unless I win the lottery, of course
26.gif

Why? What did you want your ring to look like? I am so glad you posted your ring! I wanted to see your EC! It is a lovely ring and I can't wait to see more pics.

ETA: I don't have the specs in front of me but I know my EC has a larger table as well. I like it
2.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Hi Forbidden,
I''m also wondering what you weren''t liking about your ring. It looks just lovely -- and I think you did a great job picking out a stone, something we know is not so easy with an EC.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow forbidden...it''s really beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

Can''t wait to see those hand shots. Great job
36.gif

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a ring. I think it is just gorgeous. Wow, would love to get one of those. I love the rings on here and I would say yours should be right up top. Congratulations on such a lovely cholce.
35.gif

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
You guys are gonna make me blush! and it''s waaaay too early in the morning for that!

what didn''t I like about it?
well, it''s kind of..umm..glitzy. I think. I can''t explain it very well. The reason I chose and EC, and have always loved them, is because they aren''t sparkely like the more faceted cuts. I love the simplicity and elegance that is an EC. So, when I first saw the picture, I thought OH MY GOD that''s SPARKELY!

See, when I picked out the ring, it was blue wax. I''m not a very visual person and so, trying to imagine what it would look like in gold was something I wasn''t able to do - hubby, on the other hand, thought it was going to look great! It was my first choice of all the wax molds that I was given, so I went with it.

Then, of course, like everyone else - I didn''t want a ring like anyone else''s - I wanted it to be unique and original. and when I saw it, I thought "wow, that''s just like everyone else''s ring"

Still, the picture was HUGE and when I got home, my husband had made it considerably smaller, so I could get an idea what it would look like in reality. And I started to fall for it. I can''t wait to see it in person. I think..well, I think it''s going to look amazing.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 8:37:00 PM
Author: strmrdr
I think its drop dead kicken :}
Tee Hee, I thought you said ''drop dead chicken''
33.gif
I thought it was some sorta ''strm talk''
20.gif

LOVE THE RING!!!!BTW.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
It is just Gorgeous!!! I love it. A little extra bling is always a good thing. Great choice.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results