shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Money!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Reisen

Rough_Rock
So many of you have seen my posts trying to decide on a ring. Well the other half of that was trying to figure out my budget and how I was going to pay for this. I''m taking my girlfriend on a trip to Europe next month where I plan to propose. Specifically, we''re spending a weekend in Iceland where we''ll visit geothermal spas (natural hot tubs heated to 104 degrees by the earth). Then we''re flying to Frankfurt, where we''ll spend a few days visiting my parents, and then head down through the Black Forest/Bavaria, and into Switzerland. There, we''ll spend a few days ice climbing, canyoning, and glacier skiing. After that, we''ll drive into Northern Italy and visit Lake Comeux and Lake Magiori. That''s where I''m planning on proposing. Then a few days in Venice, and a few days in Milan. Finally, we''re attending a friend''s wedding outside Milan, then back up to Frankfurt for the flight home!

Anyway, you can imagine the idea of trying to fund both the trip and a ring in the next 6 weeks is a little daunting. However, I just got word today that I''ve been offered a $5k signing bonus at a new job I''ll likely be taking. While I''m sure it will be less after taxes, that''s going straight toward a diamond!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good for you congratulations on your new job offer!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hei ! That's great news
2.gif

The proposal trip sounds great. Actually... make that awesome ! Any chance your girl might be expecting the proposal along the way ? If so, perhaps making it happen earlier on along the way would help - the rest of the trip would make a wonderful time to feel "engaged". Just the flight back to work might not be as romantic..

What do you girls think of this ?

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! That bonus couldn''t have come at a better time!! Congrats to you!! Let us know how the proposal goes!! And then....pictures of the ring!!!!!!!!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m with valaria! propose earlier in the trip so she can remember this as ''the engagement trip"! i would rather have the entire trip to feel the specialness of the engagement than to be excited but with no where to go but the plane.

peace, movie zombie

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the bonus, Reisen!
36.gif

The trip and proposal are going to be so memorable and fun!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
congrats on the new job and the timely bonus!

the trip sounds amazing. and i agree with ana. if she is expecting the proposal, waiting the whole trip will be horrendous. and if she''s not, then i still think it would be nice to spend the trip newly engaged. good luck!
1.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
hi!
when my fiance planned a spontaneous trip to Niagara Falls last summer, I kind of had a "hunch" that he would ask me the big Q. He did the night we got there so the rest of the trip we were so giddy and happy so I agree, do it early and make it an "engagement trip" because thats forever how I will remember our 3 days in Niagara last year.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the bonus, perfect timing!! And the trip sounds awesome. I would have to agree that if she any hint of knowing you might propose on this trip , do it ASAP!! My DH and I went on a 12,900 mile cross country trip, I knew he was going to propose (kind of) and the first 2 weeks in key west were tourture!!! He was acting so weird, but once he got the proposal out of the way (which was awesome and so fun) We had the rest of the 8 week trip to call everyone, be giddy and plan and talk about or wedding and future. Plus everyone we saw we got to tell,We''re engaged!!!! Have fun with it and good luck. Post pics when you return!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results