shape
carat
color
clarity

ring engraving

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m00sie

Rough_Rock
Trade
Whoops! I was supposed to be searching for ring engraving but ended up posting :S blonde moment sorry. Seeing as I have posted, I may as well continue lol hopefully an admin can move this to an appropriate section.

Does anyone know if you can get tidy engraving on the outside of a ring? Saw a really neat band today that had 'forever' and 'i love you' engraved on the outside of the band (the lettering was coloured black - presumably so it stood out).

I would want something similar but without the black colouring, any suggestions?

DistinctionJewelry

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Any chance you could show us a picture? There are several things that could be - engraving for one, but your mention of the black lettering makes me wonder about stamping (most likely), cast engraving, acid etching, or pierced overlay. If it''s stamped, that would need to be done prior to the fabrication of the ring.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been looking for it too M00sie..I saw some bands on Etsy, but I think they''re stamped-they had the blackish colored letters as well. I''ve contacted a couple places about it but they will only do it on the inside unless the ring is like..6 or 8mm wide or something. If you find something, let me know-I''m thinking to do it on a wedding band!

DistinctionJewelry

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The area stamped is black because the maker oxidized or otherwise colored the recessed area to make it stand out. If the lettering is in a font you like, you might want to contact the seller and ask them to just not blacken the recessed area. If you want a different font or size, they might not be able to do that, because custom font stamp sets are pretty expensive and they need a whole new set for each different font.

You might be able to have someone design it in CAD/CAM and make the "engraving" part of the mold too?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results