shape
carat
color
clarity

ring comparison

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Max33

Rough_Rock
Any advice on choosing between the following rings:

1.1 ct. round center stone
(2) .5 ct. round side stones
2.1 ct. tw.
Color H
Clarity SI1
Russian Cut
Gold band, white gold setting
$8500

.9 ct. round center stone
(2) .4 ct. round side stones
1.7 ct. tw.
Color G
Clarity VS2
Russian Cut
Gold band, white gold setting
$8000

Both rings would be coming from a trusted jeweler who is a friend of the family. So, quality and workmanship is not an issue. Unfortunately, we don''t live in the same city, so I can''t compare the rings in person.

I have her opinion, but I''d be interested in others. (Even if they are just anonymous internet postings!)

My girlfriend puts a higher premium on quality than size. But neither of us are interested in having me pay for something that you can''t notice with the naked eye.

So, based on this limited info, does anyone have an opinion on whether the increase in size in the first ring is worth the lower clarity and color (or vice versa)?

reena

Ideal_Rock
you need to give more info on the center stones for anyone to really be able to help you. do you have the information from the certificates handy?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That "Russian cut" comment sounds bizarre... not that the wording is not used here and there, but what on Earth does it mean for these diamonds in particular ? Are they certified ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results