shape
carat
color
clarity

right size asscher for a halo/boxter ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pons

Rough_Rock
Hi all-

i''ve been reading a lot of the posts on this forum and seen a lot of pictures. I;ve decided to go with an asscher with boxter/halo pave ring, similar i guess to the daniel K and such on this site. I was wondering what you all think is the right size asscher for a boxter / halo type setting? my gf is tall (5''8") with long fingers.

any suggestions? i saw a 1.55 asscher with halo and thought it too big, so i''m getting a 1.31 asscher. any thoughts while it''s still early?

let me know

pons

callista

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I think it really depends on a couple factors, like what is your gf''s ring size and your budget? I think at least close to 1 carat, like .90, would be just fine. I tried on the Daniel K Empress setting in a 1.25, and I was amazed at how big it looked! But it was $27,000!!!
23.gif

I also noticed that with a halo setting, with my eyes and my bf, that there was so much bling going on (still beautiful though!), it was hard to focus on the center stone alone. We decided solitaire setting for now (spend more to get a bigger stone), and upgrade the setting later with minimal diamonds.

Have you seen these setting in person? Do you know if this is what she wants?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
This is really a personal opinion, but with your gf being 5''8" I would not worry about 1.5 being too big. I''d get the largest (obviously best quality cut) stone your budget can afford. A 1.5 ct center will not be too big, but then again my center stone is 2 ct, has a halo, and I''m only 5''4". Of course this is not my original e-ring either. I guarantee if it looks enormous now, once shrinkage sets it, which it will
31.gif
, the ring will not seem to big at all. Just my 2 cents. Keep us posted.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
My asscher ering is 1.57 and it has a halo around it. I don''t think it is too big, although a few people have commented on the size of the stone...not that I mind
31.gif
. Oh, and I''m 5''4" with relatively average to smallish sized hands...

Here is a link with pics if you want to see it...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-asscher-e-ring.38065/

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you know your gf best, if you thought the 1.5 was too big, i think a 1.3 would be a great compromise. it is still a nice size.
2.gif

best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results