shape
carat
color
clarity

Ridiculous things you have heard from Jewellery Sales Staff........

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I’ve faced this kind of attitude before though, where people believe young women can’t have real diamonds. Did you correct her misconception?

I did, and she just sort of scoffed at me. Once I had a quote for her I called her to let her know the cost, and she was gobsmacked at how much it would cost her, telling me the price was 'absolutely ridiculous'. Cest la vie, sweetcheeks!

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
For a while I was into this cut corner square shaped brilliant cut diamond:) well... here is an example in case I confused you:

I wanted to try my luck in a local store before I decided to order one online as it's always a pain for me to handle shipping and potential returns of high dollar orders.

I went to the store (reputable, good reviews online), showed them pictures of the diamond on my phone, and they said right away "oh we have something like this". I waited excitedly for them to bring out the diamonds, and only found out they were just crushed ice radiant. After I pointed out those were not the same cut, the sales gal looked at me with a "you don't know what you talking about" look, and told me in an exaggerating tone they looked exactly like my pictures. At the same time a couple other sales girls gathered around her and agreed with her. I was thinking at that moment what a pity they didn't try a career in Hollywood they could win Oscars!

It was not the first time I visited that store and saw them do nasty things to other customers. They have a couple senior sales ladies that I like- honest and knowledgeable. They hired new people a few years ago, and I started to see a change of vibe. Worst part is that these innocent customers thank these guys for selling them overly priced low quality jewelries. Those nasty sales tricks work, I guess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results