shape
carat
color
clarity

Rhodium Plating

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I recently took my white gold, right hand ring in to be rhodium plated. (It badly needed it). I took it to a trusted jeweler, albeit not the place where it was purchased, and just about died when they told me the price...$115!!! I had called A MONTH AGO it was $65. I know the price of gold has recently climbed very high, but has anyone else come across this?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Yes apparatly rhodium has risen more than platinum.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In January, the price I was quoted was $60. My WB was looking pretty bad, but I actually went out and bought a new band in a different style for less than it would cost to replate the old one. Well, that was my excuse anyway.
27.gif
It''s getting ridiculous. We might as well go back to YG that didn''t need ANY maintenance!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! Wow, that is a lot! It makes me all the more thankful that my jeweler did mine for free a couple weeks ago, phew!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I''d say it already is ridiculous at $115. Oh my word.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 7:50:20 PM
Author:Blair138
I recently took my white gold, right hand ring in to be rhodium plated. (It badly needed it). I took it to a trusted jeweler, albeit not the place where it was purchased, and just about died when they told me the price...$115!!! I had called A MONTH AGO it was $65. I know the price of gold has recently climbed very high, but has anyone else come across this?

Oh my gosh!
23.gif

I had my ring replated last month and my jeweler did it for free. I guess I got lucky.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
My jeweler does the replating as a courtesy...thank you, Chris
1.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if mine would too, I don''t ever take it back to the original place of purchase because it is in the city and it would be quite a pain to have to drop it off and then go back to pick it up. I should put a call in.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results