shape
carat
color
clarity

return period almost up, please help

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t realize you''d already proposed either - if that''s the case I agree it''s most probably not worth pursuing, unless you''re both really unhappy. And you shouldn''t be - there are always better cut stones out there, but yours is no doozy!

sammie83

Rough_Rock
do these pics help? lemme know if anyone wants a different view...

thanks to all for your advice/opinions...
1.gif

in response to some of the last posts, i am actually the fiancee (the girl) and picked out my own diamond... i''ve been engaged for a year now (i got a diamond and emerald cluster ring passed down from his family at the actual engagement).. my fiance lives in a diff country from me for now (had to leave for work) so we never had a chance to go looking together and i trusted myself to choose a better diamond than him *giggles*

i originally wanted a cushion and most recently discovered the august vintage cushion which i really like, but i just got frustrated with trying to find one since i know less about them than i do about RBs (which i guess is not as much as i thought!)

our budget is 6,000 total (for stone and setting)...i''m ok with a less expensive simple setting to maximize the diamond quality and size within that range

now i''m confused...
33.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it is for your own, return the stone and go for the August Vintage Cushion. There are many available for your budget.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 4:59:13 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
If it is for your own, return the stone and go for the August Vintage Cushion. There are many available for your budget.
Yes! Buying an AVC is easy -- they are all cut to perfection
2.gif

Like this: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6037/

sammie83

Rough_Rock
requested by cara

sammie diamond5.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
have you seen the videos comparing the AVCs and the rounds? they are very different looks.

if you want the look of the AVC, go with the AVC, they are all going to be beautiful, you don''t have to sift through lots of crappy ones to find a good one

sammie83

Rough_Rock
thanks for the advice on the AVC''s (and my current stone)

i did look at my current round brilliant through the H&A scope and it looked really good as far as i could tell, and i have seen a hearts on fire through it too

now it''s just deciding what do i suppose...i''m so confused! [because of me, not you guys :) ]

is good old gold the only place to get the AVC?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
here''s a video with AVC and rounds

video

the august vintage cushions are only carried by GOG, it is their branded cut

joxxxelyn

Shiny_Rock
If you purchase from GOG, I recommend setting the diamond into a Stuller Solstice. GOG seems to specialize in designer settings, but that it a very nice solitaire setting at a reasonable price.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
good old gold is the only plpace to buy August Vintage Cushions.

Your current stone seems quite pretty, not perfect but very pretty. I''d be happy to wear it
2.gif

But...if you want an AVC I would just get one of those and put it in a simple setting for now.

They are two very different looks, so it depends which you prefer.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sammie,

I think what you need to do is compare this diamond with some of known cut quality such as AGS0 Peerless from Jareds, or Hearts on Fire if there is a dealer near you. That way you can compare what should be top cut stones with yours and decide what you want to do.

sammie83

Rough_Rock
hi all, i thought i''d give you an update

first off, thanks to everyone for your input and suggestions :)

there was a hearts on fire trunk show at a store near me, and i decided i''d go to that and see if they were giving discounts on the hof stones to possibly get one of those instead.........well, i talked to my fiance beforehand and he wasn''t thrilled about it-- i think i kind of hurt his feelings that i wanted to change my stone, so now i guess we''re keeping it.. i wish i would have found this site before i made my choice
7.gif
i reallllly want one of the antique looking cushions, but oh well! maybe in the future!

now to pick a setting... i''m pretty much making myself crazy with that... thought i was set on a sholdt, but i just can''t commit! there are too many choices!

anyway, thanks again to all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results