shape
carat
color
clarity

Blog Retail Diamond Prices For April 2020

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's anyone's guess where prices may eventually go. These are extraordinary times and there are many competing factors.

But I can give some perspective on the current market. As a company involved in ongoing production, we are not seeing any softening of our cost basis. In the case of our collection goods (DEF, IF-VVS) costs have indeed increased.

No doubt there are some companies doing some discounting of existing inventory for cash flow purposes in order to stay afloat through these uncertain times, and this is probably at the root of the pricescope data. Those discounted diamonds would also tend to be the type of goods that are more easily replaceable.

Reactions: AV_

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's anyone's guess where prices may eventually go. These are extraordinary times and there are many competing factors.

But I can give some perspective on the current market. As a company involved in ongoing production, we are not seeing any softening of our cost basis. In the case of our collection goods (DEF, IF-VVS) costs have indeed increased.

No doubt there are some companies doing some discounting of existing inventory for cash flow purposes in order to stay afloat through these uncertain times, and this is probably at the root of the pricescope data. Those discounted diamonds would also tend to be the type of goods that are more easily replaceable.
I agree Bryan.
And since a lot of stones that are still listed on RapNet B2B may be older and not as attractive - the owners will be dropping prices 1 or 2% a week.
Good Goods are not being replenished

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I agree Bryan.
And since a lot of stones that are still listed on RapNet B2B may be older and not as attractive - the owners will be dropping prices 1 or 2% a week.
Good Goods are not being replenished

Does that mean that now is not the best time to look for a diamond to buy because the current inventory available consists of lower quality?

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does that mean that now is not the best time to look for a diamond to buy because the current inventory available consists of lower quality?

Our production has resumed and I expect others vendors have too, depending on their particular locations and supply chains. Therefore I don't think there is a significant shortage of high quality diamonds on the market. By their very nature these goods are always less available than commercial goods.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results