shape
carat
color
clarity

Resize or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LooseOnTheLead

Rough_Rock
I got married in October, and my wedding band is the first piece of jewelry I''ve ever worn (excluding watches), so I don''t always know what to expect. A couple of days ago, I was fumbling through my messenger bag, and my ring came flying off and landed on the floor. No harm done, but I hadn''t realized that was even possible, given that the ring seemed tight enough when I got it. I know that fingers can become smaller in cold weather, but...well, that''s the thing. If the ring is slightly large in winter, should I have it resized down by a quarter? Or should I use only temporary measures to keep it tight enough during the winter so that it''s the right size during the summer?

I guess the point is that I don''t know how tight the ring is supposed to be, period. A salesperson at Tiffany (I didn''t end up buying there) measured me and told me I could wear either an 11 or a 10.5. I bought a cheap ring-sizer for myself and over a period of a few weeks, convinced myself that I was a 10.5, and that 10 was too small. But now I''m not sure. How do you know how tight a ring is supposed to be?

Thanks!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you ring can fall off that easily, I would get it sized down. Any jeweler can determine what size your ring should be.

LooseOnTheLead

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 11:58:55 PM
Author: marcyc
If you ring can fall off that easily, I would get it sized down. Any jeweler can determine what size your ring should be.
Okay, thanks. Now that I think about, though, I asked multiple jewelers what they thought my size was, and none went below 10.5, yet that''s the size that''s allowing the ring to be able to fly off. Maybe you just can''t be sure about your size until you''ve worn a ring in the winter.

I''ll bring it down to a 10.25 and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results