shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting my Scott Kay Enagagement Ring, Help pls!

Jenniebib

Rough_Rock
I''m new to PS and I love love love this site! I''ve learned soo much!

My fiance and I got engaged last July :) I have an amazing man that proposed to me then let me pick out the engagement ring myself! After going to several jewelers in Las Vegas, i finally decided to do some reserach online. I knew exactly what I wanted, a ring that is very traditional with a little bit a flair, here comes the pave diamonds! I fell in love with Ritani and Scott Kay Settings. I did more research and found only one jeweler in the Las Vegas area carried both of these desigers, Bailey Banks and Biddle. Originally I wanted an eternity band with pave diamonds and diamond tip prongs, but when i went to try on rings; this concept was too bulky for my tiny fingers; I wear a 4.5 ring!

I finally settled on this Scott Kay model # M1251R510 in palladium. I had my diamond set 2 weeks later. The specs of the diamond is 1.30 RB, H color and SI1 clarity. I love love love the band, but I feel like when Bailey Banks and Biddle''s jeweler set my diamond, it was OFF CENTER. I thought it was just in my head, but with careful inspection the bottom right prong juts out a significant anount more.

Since we had purchased my ring BBB had closed down. I''d like to get my setting repaired to be semetrical, how can i do this? We had purchased a $100 warranty, cleaning, sizing service from BBB but they are now closed, how can i fix my ring?

Would i be able to take my ring to a local jeweler and have them rewok my setting? Does anyone know of a reputable jeweler in the Vegas Area?

Please Help
7.gif

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I would call Scott Kay directly and tell them the situation. They may offer to fix it or refer you to another authorized dealer in your area. If there is no dealer in your area, they may direct you on where to go. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Did BB&B tell you that they were going to close? I am pretty sure that they knew this at that time. They should NOT have taken your $100. for their warranty.

Jenniebib

Rough_Rock
Venice I''ll contact Scott Kay, thanks for the advice!!!

I''m not sure if Bailey Banks and Biddle knew that they were going to close in July ( they closed later on that year in December). I wish I would have known that they were goning to close, we could have saved a lot of money during their close out sale. As for them accepting our $100 for waranty/resizing/ cleaning; we originally got this service to set my diamond two weeks after we purchased the ring; they said it would be better to buy the service rather than just paying a jeweler ouright to set the diamond since their warranty would size my ring to a 4.5 (the ring was a 6 when purchased), clean and inspect it evey 6 months. I have to say when my ring was resized from a 6 to a 4.5 it was also unbalanced ( NOT impressed)
7.gif

but i''ll def keep you posted!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
BB&B should have ordered you a size 4 1/2 for the same price that you paid, thus no re-sizing fee.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear this and no advice but your dog is ADORABLE!

lweber

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear of your delima. Hope all goes well. Post photos before and after when you get it corrected.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to hear that happened. I am sure you can find someone to fix it for you. I will be anxious to see it.

Jenniebib

Rough_Rock
null

Jenniebib

Rough_Rock
Side view of my Engagement Ring...shows surprise diamond and pongs that are mis-spaced and dented from when diamond was set into semi mount

myringSIDESK7317.jpg

Jenniebib

Rough_Rock
hand shot of my Scott Kay Engagement ring, if you look closely the prongs on the right are wider set
7.gif

myringFRONTSK7317.jpg

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I would contact Winfield's (Wink) or Kelly at Images Jeweler (online) or Michael E. of gemshoppe.com or another good bench jeweler. Any of those should be able to correct it.

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Good luck, I know there is nothing more frustrating when it doesn''t come out as expected. I agree, a good bench jeweler is hard to find, but worth the search.

ElizabethRose

Rough_Rock
I echo the idea of only letting Scott Kay fix your setting. February2003bride just bought a second hand Scott Kay setting thru Jared''s. The benchman removing the previous diamond damaged the ring, so she sent it back to SK, thru Jared''s, for repair, and I believe she is happy with the results. Her thread here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results