shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset of Family Ring

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Trying to create a second e-ring for my wife. We have her grandmother's ring which has been passed down, currently in a unwearable 3 stone setting. The center diamond is a 7mm round brilliant, approximately 1.26 carats, looks like a J color to me. The girdle on one side feels chipped, though visually the stone looks fine. I'm not going to have it re-cut.

Budget is $500 to $750. My first thought is a halo from IDJ, to protect the slightly damaged diamond, and to give it a more contemporary look. Maybe something from the pre-loved market?

Any ideas for budget options would be appreciated.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd do a bezel either a full or a half, depending on taste and how much how chipped the girlde is.

Nice halis can be expensive. And they get more expensive for larger stones. I think a bezel with millgrain sounds lovely and would protect the stone

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Great idea! I browsed around on PS and the Sholdt and James Meyer bezels are spectacular, but priced accordingly. Sholdt Half-bezels are stunning.

I once had a bezel gemstone ring made by Daniel M on etsy, but he seems out of commission.

I wonder if IDG can do a bezel halo?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why is the current ring unwearable? Can you post a picture of it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results