shape
carat
color
clarity

Reserved a Diamond... need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sirevan

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

This is my first posting to this website. I must say it has helped me quite a bit with my diamond/ring search for my girlfriend.

I went diamond shopping this past weekend to a respective jewelry store and the owner is related to my sister-in-law and I know he is very trust-worthy.

He gave me a few diamonds to choose from and I want to hear some feedback and make sure that I am getting a great stone and a good price.

Here are the specs on the stone (taken from the GIA report):

Radiant cut/GIA certified
Shape and cutting style: Cut-Cornered Square Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 6.50 x 6.47 x 4.61mm
Weight: 1.52 carat

Proportions
Depth: 71.3%
Table: 74%
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Cutlet: None

Finish
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good

Clairty Grade: VS2
Color Grade: G
Florescence: None

Comments:
Pinpoints are not shown.

Total price I am buying just the diamond for: $9,030. Does this sound about accurate?

I appreciate all of your thoughts and comments!!!

Thanks!!!
10.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any photos or magnified shots? Any pictures through an IS?

Sirevan

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, that I don''t. All I have is a copy of the GIA report.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if I were going by numbers alone, I wouldn''t buy this diamond. It''s a bit deep at 71.3% and that will make it look smaller than a 1.5 carat radiant should. I looked up radiants in this weight range, and most of them are pricier than this one, so I guess the price is fine considering it will be a bit smaller. How did it look in person? Generally it''s also better if the table is smaller than the depth, but this could be a beautiful diamond. Numbers aren''t everything, but I''ll readily admit I''m a numbers person. I bought mine based on the numbers, and I got a very beautiful stone.

Sirevan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your advice!
1.gif
Actually the stone looked pretty good to me. I looked at a few other stones before this one and this one really stuck out to me.

My jeweler provided me with a list of diamonds to choose from and I just looked it over and actually this diamond has the lowest depth out of all of them. The diamonds are right above the 1.5 mark. So I think in regards to depth, I probably got the best he could offer me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results