shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable Online Diamond Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bear

Rough_Rock
Are there any online diamond dealers who are reputable or am I better off purchasing from a local jeweler?

Thanks.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Do a search. The ones mentioned often on here are all generally really reputable. Do a pricescope search. It''s at the top of the page. The ones that pop up are pretty good.

The ones I hear the most often are:
Whiteflash
BlueNile
GoodOldGold

but there are also many more that are mentinoed and good (they just don''t pop into my mind at the moment.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
There are many reliable online vendors who can offer you a wide selection of goods and great customer service. I''ve purchased from 3 of them, but there are more who get great reviews. Do your homework and then give a few a call and tell them what you are looking for. You''ll probably find 1 or 2 who you feel most comfortable working with (just like a B&M). WHen you find a stone, have them send it to a local independent appraiser before you pay for it. That way you can see it, you get an independent review, and you don''t put your $$ at risk. Once you send the payment the appraiser will release it to you, or will ship it back to be set by the vendor. It works great, and you won''t believe the quality people and stones you will get to choose from.
9.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i say call Mark Turnowski at Engagement Rings Direct ERD ... he is awesome and has very competitive prices...my diamond came from him and he will get his own thread praising him when the BF proposes!
1.gif

perl8429

Rough_Rock
Diamondsonweb.com I have heard is great.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
I think that, like myself, you want to be reassured that these people are honest. I had a good experience. I really wanted to buy from a local jeweler (I like to support local businesses when I can), but they weren''t able to find the exact stone I was looking for. You will also get a much better price online. Most of the sites here display their price for bank wire transfer. You usu. have to add 2% (or so) if you''re using a credit card (except for Am Ex). This is still a much better deal than I was able to find locally. Make sure you find an independent appraiser near you. Good luck in your search!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/11/2005 5
6.gif
3:53 PM
Author:Bear

Are there any online diamond dealers who are reputable or am I better off purchasing from a local jeweler?

Thanks.

Hi Bear:

Taking the plunge into the world of internet vendors can seem daunting but be assured there are many reputable vendors who have a large selection of quality merchandise selling below the retail level. 5 years ago the online vendors roughly made up approximately 1.5-2% of the total market. Recent literature shows an increase of currently around 5%. With this in mind the world of internet diamond buying is growing.

A few things to keep in mind is internet vendors margins are lower than the typical B&M and have a much lower overhead. The unique part of purchasing a diamond on the net is your options are limitless and you can typically get a much larger variety of stones than the one's which your local B&M might typically stock. Many stores can just about get anything you would ever dream of, but they usually place an emphasis on moving what stock they have.

I would place on emphasis on deciding what budget you have to work with first. Read through the testimonials and research the different vendors who do business and often frequent this forum. Typically search out a vendor who is willing to answer all your questions along the way.

Remember you will ultimately be picking out a diamond. Emphasize certain criteria which are important to you. Budget, Shape, Size, Color, Clarity, and Cut are a few. These will all ultimately have an effect on your purchase price. There is a good tutorial on this forum outlining some specifics on making your online purchase.

What service options does a vendor have? Are they willing to get you a certified stone? If you’re not satisfied with settings they have in stock, do they have a network of bench jewelers who can fill your custom needs. What is their return Policy?

One of the most important criteria's a vendor can have is relating to you on a personal level where your jewelry needs are being filled with the ability to open the lines of communication to help nurture some of the customers apprehensiveness about making a possible purchase.

How we interact with each other on a personal level speaks volumes on trying to help a customer fill their needs. I think this is one of the most important characteristics industry professionals should have. Everyone needs to make a buck, but how are they going about doing it? Do they seem passionate about working with you and enjoy what they are doing? I personally would not want to work with someone that's a "stick in the mud"

21.gif

With this being said. There are many on-line reputable dealers. I think you would be making a smart financial choice by purchasing on-line. In order not to walk into a purchase blindly you have to educate yourself a little on what’s important to you about making a purchase which will eliminate many initial questions you might.

If you would like to contact me for help or any further questions I would be glad to answer any questions you might have. PM me your phone number.

35.gif

I have had great Experiences and made purchases from:

David Friedlander (Diamonds by Lauren)-diamond purchase
Jonathan (GoodOldGold)-diamond purchase
Todd & Robin (NiceIce.com)-colored gem purchase
Richard Von Sternberg (Eightstar Diamonds)-diamond purchase
Garry Dutton (Dutton's Diamonds)-colored stone purchase
Lesley (Whiteflash)-Made 2 diamond purchases from these folks
Richard Homer (Concavegems.com)
Tradeshop.com (Custom setting)
Mark Morrell (Custom Setting)
Ahern & Brucker (Custom Setting for my wedding ring)
Hope this helps and don't hesitate to post more questions...
21.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I highly recommend Whiteflash. I bought my ring there. The stone I wanted was hard to find. Lesley found exactly what I wanted at a great price.

Whiteflash will send your stone to a reputable independent appraiser where you can see it before you pay.They also have a great selection of ready made and custom settings. They have had many favorable reviews on Pricescope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results