shape
carat
color
clarity

Replacement diamond decision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jmbristow

Rough_Rock
What can Brown lose for you?I had a diamond stolen from UPS mid-shipment when I was getting a band fitted (probably an inside job).

I have finally gotten the band and engagement setting and I am now looking for a replacement diamond. I have a choice of two diamonds now. I am looking at the two below. What diamond should I choose?
34.gif
33.gif

GIA Cert #1:
Rectangular Modified Brilliant
6.88x6.39x4.64 (L:W is 1.0767:1)
Weight: 1.7c
Depth: 72.6
Table: 72
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Polish: VG
Symetry: VG
Clarity: VS1
Color: H
Fluorescence: N

GIA Cert #2:
Square Modified Brilliant
6.52x6.36x4.59 (L:W is 1.0252:1)
Weight: 1.57c
Depth: 72.2
Table: 72
Girdle: Thin to Thick
Culet: None
Polish: G
Symetry: G
Clarity: VS1
Color: H
Fluorescence: N

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is your setting for a rectangular stone or a square one?

jmbristow

Rough_Rock
I think I would be gung-ho about the rectangle, except that it really falls outside of both catagories (square and rectangle). I have read that squares are within the .95:1 to 1.05:1 range. The rectangle listed is 1.07:1. Rectangles are considered more ideal as they approach ~1.63:1. So is this rectangle going to be considered by a jewler to be an almost square or a very disproportional rectangle?

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have a radiant with the ratio 1.07:1 and mine looks square. I don''t think it looks disproportionate at all. I''ve never had anyone tell me that my diamond looks odd; in fact I''ve received many compliments on it. I think that unless you go over 1.10:1 that your diamond will look square. If you want to see what it will look like go to David Atlas'' website www.gemappraisers.com and click on fancy shape selector. Plug in the numbers for your diamond and this will give you an approximation on how it will appear. I use this tool all the time.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Are these the two diamonds you have narrowed it down to? Or were these your only two options? Have you had a chance to see either in person?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results