shape
carat
color
clarity

Remember our roots- why did ya join

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 8:42:39 AM
Author: HollyS
TGal, I don''t know that I do want a response. The last thing we need to do is start a hijack of this thread to discuss what I feel is ''wrong'' about PS, and whether I''m misguided or right on the mark. Page after page of that would be tedious indeed.

There is no fix to this problem. There are those so entrenched into the fabric of PS, that they will never be held to the same standard as others. One gal is always sarcastic, no matter the topic or mood of the thread, and that''s always okay with her minions. A couple more are so abrasive (to everyone) that many people are actually scared to join the ATW thread; they said so right here in this thread. Honest opinions are an excuse to heap abuse on the poster by the ''elect''. (And no, I''m not having a pity party; this has happened to many more posters than just myself.)

I''m certainly no one''s idea of a shrinking violet; not afraid of a good fight as long as it''s a clean one; and even I''m discouraged. I think I may just have to content myself with the inocuous threads about bling; usually no one''s ugly there. Oh wait. There was that hijack of Crooked Rock''s ring thread.
28.gif
Holly, I was actually kind of teasing. I think there''s been enough hijacking already.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holly, it makes me sad that you or anyone else would feel not welcomed here. I don''t think there is anything wrong with giving an honest opinion when asked. There are so many different personalities on here there is bound to be a few you won''t click with (at least I am honest to say there are for me
2.gif
) BTW thank you for the sweet compliment you gave my e-ring in another thread. I am glad I could help you get your Tacori fix!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori; you did help. And seeing your little pumpkin in your avatar everyday sure helps brighten things up, too!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
TGal. . . Mistress of the Gentle Rebuke. . . I think you just put a point on my musings, dear.

Abril

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 1:14:35 AM
Author: HollyS
I came across PS while searching the internet for pictures of Tacori rings; because my FI had just purchased mine and it was still being made. I needed a Tacori fix in the meantime! My Googling turned up Tacori-E-Ring''s post about her ring in SMTR. I spent weeks looking at the SMTR and celebrity ring threads, and just lurked.

Somebody posted an outrageous scenario in the LIW thread, and that made me unlurk. I had to respond; heck, I think everyone else here on this thread posted much the same thing. It was all ''get the h-e-double l out of that relationship!''. I don''t think she has even come back; we sort of surprised her with our vehemence, I guess.

I have enjoyed PS until recently. I am rethinking my involvement with this forum. PS has a tendency to be quite insular; and only some people seem ''allowed'' to express their opinion on the more ''intense'' threads without garnering rebukes that go on for pages and pages. I seem to be the current magnet for criticism; and while I know why, and make no apologies for my posts, it''s still not playing fair. Unfortunately, some people are so enamored of their own ability to ''put others in their place'', that they don''t see their own ugliness. And if you actually point this out to them, they just poop all over you again.

When we behave like this, we keep people from posting. That''s not what these threads are about. If we cannot have open and honest dialogue about the important stuff, we''ve failed each other in our attempts to understand, communicate, and foster a sense of community. It doesn''t just belong to a chosen few. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of us here on this forum; not the same 12-20 people who believe they are PS.

I''ve loved PS, and enjoyed being part of this community. But I''m beginning to feel that we aren''t the same welcoming and accepting place we used to be. And welcoming and accepting doesn''t mean we all have to agree on the same subjects, and have exactly the same values. Does it?

I sympathize. I know exactly who you''re talking about.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Hi Abril! I see you are relatively new; how did you come to PS and what threads interest you?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
So many great people here...

I''m late to this party.

Anna, a classic not posting here anymore...once explained the pattern...guys tend to come on make their buy, and leave, where girls tend to stick around to talk.

I forgot to leave.

I tried...but too much fun.

A great place for good old fashioned problem solving. Not too functional for that...but magnetizing nonetheless.

Many thanks for being here with me.

With appreciation...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 8:22:38 PM
Author: Regular Guy

I'm late to this party.

Anna, a classic not posting here anymore...once explained the pattern...guys tend to come on make their buy, and leave, where girls tend to stick around to talk.

I forgot to leave.

A great place for good old fashioned problem solving. Not too functional for that...but magnetizing nonetheless.

With appreciation...
I am glad you and Karl never left! You guys are loved by all! You are one of the first that helped me w/my purchase and I always have much appreciation for that!!!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 8:22:38 PM
Author: Regular Guy

I''m late to this party.

I forgot to leave.

With appreciation...
Ira, thank goodness you have stuck around. I love reading your posts, you always are one to help. I adore your sense of humor. You are loved by many!!!!
5.gif
WE appreciate all that YOU do!!! Lisa

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I came looking for a new setting for my original e-ring. I stay b/c of the "friends" i''ve met here and the mommy thread. I miss belle, mara, widget, blueroses, kristydarling and others too.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Great topic, sweetie!
36.gif

I joined to be able to ask my few hundred questions about diamonds and settings and the like. I stayed because most everyone has the perfect balance of being generous with knowledge, supportive with personal issues, and tactfully honest when the occasion calls for it. Plus it''s always lovely to be able to chat with others who share this same jewelry hobby as me!

Y''all are great. Thanks for being fabulous.
9.gif

corgan

Shiny_Rock
I found this website through a search engine as I had been patiently waiting for my upgrade to my e-ring. We did things backwards, bought the house first, got married with the e-ring I got in college (the plan was always to upgrade), and then I upgraded my diamond. I am still waiting to have it put in a setting (probably not till May of 2009) but I do know what I want thanks to Pricescope!

I have learned so much from this website that others now ask for my opinion even though I am still no expert on these boards but within my friends I am the person to ask. And I still learn lots everyday!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I joined for the Ladies in Waiting forum. The wonderful ladies there were such wonderful support for me while I was waiting for my now-fiance to propose.

I stayed because I love jewelry, and I love having people to talk with about it. I also love the support and positive atmosphere in the Bride World Wide forum.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I joined because of LIW. THANK GOD for LIW, lol. I don't think i could have survived the year of LIW-itis without my 'support group'! I learned a ton about diamonds along the way and discovered cushions and ERD, which led to my beautiful e-ring that I adore!!!
I was unsure whether i would stick around post engagement but have quickly learned that the diamond obsession was not just a phase. I still LOVE to see everyone's rings and relish in the new engagements, marriages, babies, pets, etc. This is truly a great community of intelligent and supportive individuals, and there's something for everyone!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I joined to satisfy my long lived love of all things bling! I stuck around because I was researching what I wanted to do about my tenth anniversary three stone and I have since become a PS addict.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really didn''t join for any particular reason other than the fact I like sparkly rocks.

-A

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
How did you come across this community? Researching my upgrade.
What made you join? I loved how the experts such as Garry Storm Wink etc were ready to assist at a moments notice.
What has kept you around? I think that a lot of you 'get' me and understand my passions and interests more than IRL. I love the anonymity (sort of ) of venting or asking something that IRl someone may not be too interested in or 'listening' to me. Plus I love the purty pictures
31.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Being that I just joined today...

I''ve been with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years and since day one I new he was it for me. We started looking at rings early on and since then, my obsession has grown! I have done so much research on my own, my bf says I should be a jeweler! I already know the exact setting and type of stone I want for my e-ring, cushion cut all the way baby! (hence my screen name, lol) I was googling the Tiffany Novo and this site popped up. I''ve never been a part of a forum (although my techy bf has been telling me to get on one forever). After lurking for one week, I was hooked! I cannot believe there are so many people out there who share my obsession with diamonds!

I''m definitely looking forward to getting to know everyone!
35.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
How did you come across the community?
FI and I (back before we were engaged) were discussing getting engaged and having a severe difference of opinion on how the ring would be purchased. Tiffanys was out of the question for him, He wanted to do buy online. I was leery of that so we did some research on line and found PS! THANK GOD! The info about the reputable vendors and the education on getting the most for your money was priceless.

What made you join?
Well I lurked and learned for about a month before I decided to jump in. I never felt (and nor do I at this point) experienced enough to answer more than the most very basic beginner questions about diamonds or settings but I did feel that I had some good solid advice to those that had relationship issues in other threads. Plus I just couldn''t sit back and not comment on the GORGEOUS rings in SMTR! I mean C''MON!
9.gif

What kept you around?
Well, I''m addicted. Haahaa! Really, I feel like I have so much more to learn and I love reading about diamonds and I also keeping up with the fantastic people on here. And I''m only at the beginning of my journey! I just got engaged so now I''ve got to submurge myself in BIW! I''m sure I''ll be here for a good long while!
35.gif

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
How did you come across this community?
What made you join?
What has kept you around?
I google for diamond in hope to find answers to my question about my e-ring. I joined to seek opinion and was blasted as "This puts the usual weekend drama over the top" & "Seriously the rest is just drama and airing your personal problems." I stayed on since it was comforting to receive some sympathy from my first posting. The opinions and suggestions was helpful. I enjoyed feasting my eyes on the various beautiful blings and I love reading most of threads. Most importantly, it sure feel like a family here in this community where majority are just human like me.

~~A drama to some but a reality to me~~

Rough_Rock
Hi my name is Diana, I recently became a part of the forum!

I first noticed it by googling rings, and realized what a wonderful place it was to receive honest opinions. I am in search of my own e-ring now and find your opinions valuable over a jeweler because you have the experience, the jeweler is just tying to sell..

I found myself logging on everyday, I guess you can say I''m an addict. hahah!
25.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
We came across this community and joined when we had a bit of a eBay "antique" diamond ring horror story. This community held our hands and helped us walk through it. Thank you everyone. The Pricescope community has our eternal thanks.

We stayed around because we love it here. We also hoped that by posting our story we could be an example of what not to do in order to help others avoid the same mistakes. Although we lost money we gained knowledge and a wonderful community.

I like the spirit of consumer empowerment and helping here. Big or small it is so fun to see people get the perfect ring for them that suits them to a T and lights up their face.

I have always since I was a tiny girl thought that gems and minerals were so neat. I always loved the hall of minerals at Natural History Museums. Granite diamonds etc. I love rocks and their properties. I love learning about something that combines art science and history.

I love recycling and vintage and antique stuff. I have really enjoyed learning more about vintage and antique diamonds and gemstones. I enjoy hearing from experts and regular people too. Different viewpoints and life experiences are the spice of life. There are some really special folks here. The people make the Pricescope.

I also dig the collective museum/jewelry box/treasure chest that we have here. It''s like playing dress up in a pirate''s treasure chest! Jewelry is so interesting and personal and part of peoples own personal movie or life story.

Most of all thank you for giving me a brief moment of glamour in my very non glamorous days. Things have been a bit tough for a while. Kinda us 2Artists against the world so having a tiny PS break means a lot.
1.gif
Thank you all again.

2Artists

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock

How did you come across this community? i think I was doing a search on rings thru google

What made you join? A lot of pretty things to look at of all colour sizes and clarities

What has kept you around? I don''t come around as much...but I occasionally come to visit.
6.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
How did you come across this community? I was sooo interested in Asscher cuts, and it seemed NO JEWELER could really show me or tell me anything about it, so I began researching online and this site KEPT popping up.

What made you join? I lurked for about 2 years before joining
6.gif
I know. I think it was the ladies in waiting forum was a place where I felt like I belonged. I still don''t have my ering to show off!!

What has kept you around? I don''t post often, but there are always things I want to comment on, or share with you guys!!!
3.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
How did you come across the community?
Searching for information on engagement rings. My then-bf brought up rings. I had no idea what I liked or didn''t like and wanted to learn. I found a wealth of info. and pictures on this site.

What made you join?
The LIW threads. I found an amazing group of women who could share and understand what I was feeling.

What kept you around?
The BWW threads were such a help when I was planning my wedding. Then, the whole of PS was so supportive when I went through a very difficult phase of my life. Also, I loved the Healthy Living thread (can''t think of the official name of it right now). Now, I like to skip around the site. There are so many different topics that I can stay interested, even if I don''t post very often.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I found PS when I was looking for an idea of how to set an EC in a setting other than 3-stone or cathedral. The first EC I saw was Tacori E-ring's and that's when I knew that this place would be a goldmine of information with creative people and beautiful jewelry.

I actually didn't join until more than a year later, after I was engaged and married - the first few weeks after the wedding were tough. I definitely had the blues and was really bored with no more wedding to focus on!

I stayed because this community is so helpful and supportive. While I love the bling (my wishlist is a MILE long because of this site), I think it's the threads in Hangout and Family, Home, and Health that are really the most helpful to me. I love that the women and men here have so many experiences and come from such diverse backgrounds - I learn a lot from the people here, sometimes even tiny random things (recipes, or that aluminum foil boxes have tabs, haha). This type of community is really hard to find IRL. :)

aprillawton

Rough_Rock
How did you come across this community? googled for diamond information

What made you join? I am probably going to need advice on diamonds and what better place to get it!

What has kept you around? I have only been lurking a couple weeks...

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
How did you come across this community? I was researching spessartite garnets and came across the forum via google.

What made you join? To learn from all of you! I saw a lot of savvy information that has been helpful. Everyone is so nice and it''s great to be able to share similar interests with each other.

What has kept you around? I haven''t been around for very long, and I look forward to connecting with other PSers. So far, everyone has been VERY receptive, sweet, and helpful.

36.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My best friend in the world had upgraded her engagement ring, and we found ourselves talking endlessly about diamonds and how much we loved them... so I had diamonds on the brain big time and fell upon Pricescope thanks to google somehow someway...

At first I was only focused on SMTR and RT, but eventually found LIW & BBW which I loved because not only was I a recent bride--but I work so closely with the wedding industry, imparting some of my knowledged felt down right good.

In time I found myself moving on to FHH, and DH...from there I have discovered this forum houses some of the smartest and kind women I''ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. The amount of research one person is willing to do for another never ceases to amaze me...and everytime I see something along those lines I think about how cool this place is.

Now that it''s been over a year, I have to admit I''m fully hooked. I''ve never belonged to any other forum or blogging station...and even when I think I might want to pop in and join, I think about the amount of time I''ve invested in this site and all you wonderful people, and I don''t think I could meet a better group...so why bother?

I love PS!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
How did you find PS?
- I stumbled upon it while searching google for a picture of an actual person wearing the engagement ring I wanted.

What made you join?
- After lurking awhile I decided I wanted to join the LIW board, and to learn about diamonds of course!
2.gif

What kept you around?
- It''s too much fun to leave! I love the information on the BWW thread, and I also lurk on the TTC, Pregnancy, and Mommy threads. I love that I can research all of the things that might happen for me and my FI during the first few years of our marriage. I also love the shopping thread. It''s another of my addictions. Just in general, I love the people and how tightly knit this community is. I feel like I know many of you and this bond has never been more apparent than in the outpouring of genuine grief, sympathy and prayers for our dear Indy. This is truly a special place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results