shape
carat
color
clarity

Reliable cross-country moving company

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Due to covid-related job issues, we have to move across the country (USA) in the next month or so. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable moving company that doesn't cost a fortune? We need them to do all the loading, unloading, and driving. And any recommendation for a car mover would be helpful as well!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure where you are starting from and if they are in that area, but I used First Due Movers for a chunk of my move. I know they do long distance also. Not the least expensive, but a fair price and they came in under the estimate despite doing more work than quoted. Very careful. (Owned and staffed by firefighters!)

Good luck on the move! I hope it goes smoothly and brings good things in the months/years to come.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please make sure your insurence is adaquite
And when you choose someone do some research into the company
i know we live in different countries but i warn you to procced with due caution

my mum packed up the family home to move from Dunedin to Christchurch (a 5 hour car trip on the same island, some coast)
My stuff was packed up to go from Dunedin to Wellington
That's from the South island to the North island
Of course my stuff was not a full load so it had to wait for a half empty container or some such

my things - including things from my late father were lost
All my things from home
everything from year dot to 26

Everything lost
We used this company called crown - they do local and international moves with a head office in Hong Kong
i know this because we had to have someone in Hong Kong help us look for my stuff

the number of times since this happened that i have heard of them lossing other people's stuff

And the lies they told us for months and months (the NZ division)

Please please do some home work

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, that's terrible that the company lost your things, @Daisys and Diamonds, especially items of sentimental value. I'll be sure to research carefully before picking a company.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have used Mayflower before for a cross country move. I have also used Allied. But I believe it depends on the local franchise how good they are. I feel lucky after reading horror stories from people moving cross country.

I plan on moving cross country again in the next 12 to 18 months for my career and plan on researching carefully as well.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @asscherisme, I will look into those companies, and I'm sure you're right about it depending on the local franchise.

Jaquette

Rough_Rock
Try Three Men & A Truck - they're a moving company that will also ship a car for you. I used them when I moved across the country and they handled it with no issues. Definitely on the affordable side as movers go in my opinion and they were easy to work with too. If you call them up, they'll give you an estimate without having to agree to anything so there's no harm in doing some price comparison (which I highly recommend either way).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results