shape
carat
color
clarity

Registry gifts, final fittings, boudoir albums, OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Totally self-centered post, but I don''t know who else to share with besides my fellow PS BIWs!

I had my final fitting today, and I love, love, love my dress! The seamstress did a fantastic job! She and I both cried when I put it on- what big babies, we are!

I also received my boudoir album and CD in the mail *with* the photos I requested and was initially denied
9.gif
...The photog ended up being great about meeting my needs/requests, which I really appreciated. While it isn''t the most sassy or sexy album, it''s still very sweet and pretty. I can''t wait to give it to FI!

And... last but not least... I registry stalked for about the 40th time, expecting, as usual, to see that 0 items were purchased (because our wedding is a semi-DW, we really aren''t expecting material gifts) BUT... the first registry purchase was made!
6.gif
It''s a very, very pretty not "needed" but much-wanted crystal vase that coordinates with our china pattern
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I feel so lucky and blessed that someone so generously purchased such a nice wedding present for us... I''m already dreaming about putting it on a mantel in our future home and filling it with pretty flowers
36.gif

Sorry for all the gushing. I''m just very wedding-happy today, and it''s such a nice change from thinking, "Gosh. I''m over this. The day just needs to get here, already!"

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Question!

Which dress are you wearing?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2009 9:44:52 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Question!

Which dress are you wearing?
Oooooh, I bet i can guess! I think it''s the first one, since i am pretty sure i caught a glimmer of the newer empire waisted dress on preownedweddingdresses.com!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! It is so fun to see things come together
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, what dress????
31.gif
31.gif

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
how exciting!!
which dress did you end up choosing??

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!! I''m glad you got those pictures you wanted :) I know what you mean about the registry lol, I was registry stalking too and started flailing my arms around and fi was like what''s wrong with you? "Somebody got us a cutting board!!" Yeah it was only 10 bucks but I still got excited haha guys just dont get it i guess lol :)

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
The dress is.... The first one (Oh, if only I could predict the future...)

I originally took Dress #2 to my seamstress and she pinned it, etc. Then my parents sent me Dress #1 (it was at their home) so that I could try to sell it in Colorado. So..... I took that dress to the seamstress, too, to hear her thoughts. She told me the wonky boning wasn't fixable, but that she could (of course) take the bust in and change the neckline so the dress would sit better and look better. Her opinion was that Dress #1, when altered, would be more flattering. So I had her do it.

I think that's why the experience was tear-inducing. I had shared with her the dress saga and was just overjoyed to see the finished product. Instead of thinking of the dress boutique I thought, "This is MY new dress!"

Here's a video of the dress. It's a shorter version of what I sent to my mom & sis, and I took my voice out (Don't worry- I don't usually gesture that much and grope myself for no reason- I was talking about the neckline a lot in the original video & showing that my barely-A boobs don't fall out of the gown!)

Here it is!

ETA: I don't have any TRUE before photos, unfortunately. The images at the end are the sample I first tried on at the store... My old PS post was deleted & I tossed out all the images I had of it in the process of "moving on"
8.gif
I'm sorta bummed about it because they'd be an awesome thing to give to my seamstress to show a before/after to clients!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great now PPM. Totally different from the original! So long as you're happy! What a saga it has been...

And I loved that you used "At Last" as the song.
3.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! I literally have tears in my eyes after watching your video. Beautiful! I''m so glad everything has worked out for you and you now have your dream dress.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Awww! I love your dress! It turned out so, so beautifully. I am so glad you got a happy ending to the dress saga. Did DeeDee do the alterations? She is such an angel.

Only 41 more days for you, lovely lady!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
PPM! I just realized you guys are going to be getting married on our 1 year anniversary from the day we got engaged! AND your wedding is 20 days before ours! Yay!

That also means I only have 61 days left. Eek!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Your dress looks wonderful! So happy for you after the saga that has been your dress! You deserve to have a gorgeous dress that you are happy with
9.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone!! I''m very pleased with the gown, even though it has been a long, long, long road!

Kitty:DeeDee did the alterations- she''s so fabulous! She asked how you were doing and I promised her I''d ask you to send some wedding photos her way
9.gif
She loves telling the story about how your name kept running through her mind, and how she chalks it up to God telling her she needed to call you right before the wedding.... and it''s a good thing he did! She''s also opening a gown re-sale/consignment shop this December- super exciting!

Freke: Oh my goodness. It will be here before you know it! The 19th is a great day, for sure, full of positive vibes
9.gif
Can you believe that you''ve been engaged for nearly a year, and will soon be MARRIED?! As much as I want my own wedding day to get here, it''s still hard to believe sometimes.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
The dress looks awesome!!!!!!!!! It looks great on you!!!!! You''re gonna knock his socks off when he sees you!!!!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results