shape
carat
color
clarity

Regarding Returning Gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Up until this point I''ve been lucky, but I guess my latest round of shopping wasn''t so "lucky", as I am returning two gems to two different vendors.

To those of you who have returned stones in the past, what sort of delay do you usually experience in receiving the refund?

(Both of mine are PayPal-friendly vendors, so that was my payment method. Seems like a refund would be lightning-fast.)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Typically they will refund you the money as soon as they get the stone back and check that it has not been damaged, scratched etc. When you return it though I would get delivery confirmation.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah . . . I stalk my tracking, and the first stone was delivered yesterday morning. This vendor was quick -- this was actually an exchange stone -- getting the exchange stone out the next day after receiving the original stone. So I suppose I thought the refund would be equally quick.

Wanted to get a feel for how long I should wait before shooting off an email asking about it.
31.gif
I have another gem purchase waiting on reserve, so I feel a little impatient.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe you can wait a couple of more days, then just shoot an email asking if everything looks ok and when to expect the refund.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Waiting''s just so darned difficult!
3.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may also take a while to show up in your paypal account even though the refund was issued. It took a week to get the $$ to my paypal account when I returned something to Multicolour.com (a Thai based firm), even though the refund was issued the day they got the stone. Then when you get it into paypal, you may need to transfer it to your bank account, which takes a few days on top of that. Refunds are much slower than charges.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 9:28:10 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
It may also take a while to show up in your paypal account even though the refund was issued. It took a week to get the $$ to my paypal account when I returned something to Multicolour.com (a Thai based firm), even though the refund was issued the day they got the stone. Then when you get it into paypal, you may need to transfer it to your bank account, which takes a few days on top of that. Refunds are much slower than charges.

Hmm, interesting about the lag. I knew about the lag in having the funds transferred to the bank account (a few years of rabid hardcore ebaying fanaticism in college MWAHAHA), but I would have figured sending it one way (buying) would have been the same as sending it the other (refunding). Odd. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results