shape
carat
color
clarity

Refrigerator recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Repairman is on the way and I'm hoping my frig has gone to appliance heaven. I've been looking at french door style and have researched a bit. Samsung seems to be highly rated at all the sites I've visited. Any recommendations from you wise PSers?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have a Siemens and love it. We put one in our old house and bought the same one for this.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
If you like the Samsung, you wil love the Electrolux. That''s top of my wish list right now.

Ahhh - Siemens, if only it was available in Canada!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love my french door LG.

cheers--Sharon

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
I love the look of my Electrolux Icon Pro. I got it 2006. It looks like a subzero and I couldn''t be more pleased with the outward look.

The tracks on the drawers are bearing driven like a great tool box. Zing! The lights in both sides rise to the brightness level as you open the door. Sort of like stage lights...and HERES JOHNNY! The ease of cleaning is incredible. All glass shelves a can be removed and cleaned. The stainless is fingerprint proof! I love that! I love the blue lights on the front it looks so modern and I never tire of looking at it.

Negatives?

Counter depth means not as much interior space. They tried to compensate by allowing gallon size containers on door. But I often have more than the door gallon allotment...

The top shelf where I store more weight in large sizes...broke. The Plastic that the glass shelf rests in has a stress crack above the shelf bracket.

The tracks that drew me to the precision mechanism on the drawers...get their strength by one teeny piece of plastic, a clip that is only 2 mm wide, that obviously wasn''t engineered with density in mind. They have broken twice. First time they sent me a replacement. I need another now...it is $59 to $89 depending on who your source it out. Once you change one side the other will let go soon.

Glass jars do scratch your glass shelves. I cried over the pickle jar fiasco when I first noticed it. Told hubby I was going to sand every condiment container that went in...that didn''t last long.

The lever between freezer and meat drawer has frozen and you can''t budge it. My cheeses are frozen. Poo. I love my cheese. I could defrost it but who has the time?

I need to contact them and let them know of my issues. My repair problems are because they didn''t make the plastic strength to comply with the intended load.

The model I have was made in Mexico. Not sure if there is any significance to the quality. But thought I should mention it.

Oh, it is just the two of us. No little grubby hands in and out. So if a reserved adult usage has seen this much issue, I would suggest it would not be right for a family.

But man it SURE IS PURDY!

PS, My sil calls it a BAD BOY! She stands at the doors and opens them for the light show!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I currently have a Sub Zero, but I''m a complete fan of Thermador. I love their refrigeration systems.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Stay away from Viking.
14.gif

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
So in my previous post...you know about me whinning about a part that needed replaced on my Electrolux Icon Refrigerator?

Well, had I just done what I asked others to do in a previous thread* (you know ...call the business FIRST before you publicize and post negative thoughts....) I wouldn't be posting this apologizing entry.

Well...guess what? I did call them! And the kids at Electrolux are sending me replacement parts free of charge! I am not sure my original post emphasized when I bought it...but I got my unit in 2006. Opted out for extended warranty coverage. So I am on my own. This would cost upwards of $75 for me to order.

In my book, that says a lot. I was going to ask them for free shipping...totally amazed at the quickness to offer a solution to the problem. No brow beating...no elevating to supervisor...just , Mame, Let me send that right out to you!

So for all the consumers to follow ...Please take another look at Electrolux...they deserve your consideration. First rate in customer support.

*Sorry to those that can recognize the hypocrite in me...not a pretty feature huh? I am sorry.

15.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a samsung and really like it. Ours is not a french door, but has a pull out freezer drawer on the bottom and just a normal door on the top. We got it last summer and haven''t had any problems at all.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
am I the only one that doesn''t like french door fridges? Someone on here (can''t remember the posters name) said Samsung fridges are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results