shape
carat
color
clarity

Reflected / Refracted light? Scintillation / Fire / Brilliance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the size of the facets play out in any way? It seems that the size of the stones do, but would there be any difference between relatively large and small facets on stones of the same size (e.g. full and single cut tiny rounds, or brilliant VS step on large ones etc.).

I wonder if describing the visual impact of both as a probability does not make the two compensate - size of facet inverse proportional to the frequency it makes a hit, or something less silly to that effect.

Why asking... because from the diagram shown it would impossible to tell that the Carree actually is quite a flashy looking cut up to some size. In fact, I have yet to see one that is too large for the cut style (largest on my record, ~2 cts) - just guessing that at some point I''d wish there were more steps there.

The story with the tiger makes me think about pattern recognition more than anything...
34.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry,

Looking at these graphics remind me of Sarin''s CGA (cut grade analyzer) software. I wonder if there are similarities. Did you get these from Serg?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/9/2006 1:32:15 PM
Author: Rhino
Garry,

Looking at these graphics remind me of Sarin''s CGA (cut grade analyzer) software. I wonder if there are similarities. Did you get these from Serg?
Absolutely no similarity Rhino - ETAS is the potential light that could be seen face up coming from light sources anywhere in the shpere around a diamond. Although what you see here is on a hemisphere.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results