shape
carat
color
clarity

Reena vs. Fred - Can Anyone Tell?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Couture

Rough_Rock
First of all, did anyone else get the new Martha Stewart Weddings magazine? The cover is covered with gorgeous rings!! One of the rings (#9) is a Fred Leighton, cushion cut diamond with a prong set, pave, halo, and a thin pave band. From the top, the ring looks a lot like Reena''s Leon Mege ring, but there''s something DIFFERENT and I can''t figure out what it is. The Fred Leighon is around 3 carats, so I realize there is a size difference in the center stone, but besides that, they still look different. Its almost like the pave is done differently or the malee is different. It seems to me like the tiny stones on Reena''s halo stand out more as individual stones, whereas on the Fred Leighton they blend in to each other and so you dont see each tiny stone defined so much.

If anyone can tell me what is making these two halos look so different, please share.

*The Fred Leighton ring can be found here, then choose "Fred Leighton Collection", then "Rings-Engagement", then page 2. Its in the middle.
Fred Leighton

THANK YOU!!!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the FL ring

reenafredLring.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s reenas

E-ringMania1.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shape of Reena's small diamonds in the halo and on the band seem to show their round shape better and stand out more to me
34.gif
Is this any help? I love Reena's ring
3.gif
30.gif
Maybe the diamonds on Reenas are a little bigger?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a pic Leon took of reena''s ring...don''t know if that helps..

megephoto3.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, it could be the size of the melee but it look like the same style- bead set pave. I just wondering if the difference is the photos themselves. Plus, I guess evey bench person has their own style, even if making the exact same ring. I have heard michael b has 3 guys who make the rings. If you don't order the wedding band at the same time it is advised to make sure the same guy makes the band or they may look slightly different. handmade skill is unique and that's what makes each one special.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Millgrain on the edges of the band... it looks more pronounced somehow in the ring in the add. And the shape of the cushion may be a bit different. And then, I would blame much of the difference of the ways these two rings were pictured (light, colors, position). Since the stone in the Leighton ring is larger, the 'hardware' around it appears thinner in the picture ... although I doubt it is. The pave appears sunk in the metal in the add - the picture is grainy, but it could also be that the stones are smaller - which would not necessarily be a great thing IMO. If anything the size of the diamonds on the frame must have been Reena's choice, because Art of Platinum works with any size including the smallest.

My 2c

I'd be curious about the underside of the ring - Reens's has a rather unique construction, I wonder what the other one looks like
9.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Reena''s ring also has those sweet double claw prongs that I love which the Fred Leighton doesn''t have..I''m curious too I want to see the underside of that ring.

Couture

Rough_Rock
OK, after reading everyone''s comments and looking at the two rings a million more times, I agree that the size of the pave stones are smaller and set deeper into the halo on the FL ring than they are on Reena''s ring.

If I was having a similar ring made, how would I descibe what I wanted the pave halo to look like if I wanted it to look just like the FL and not like the other?

Reena''s ring is beautiful, but I want more of the sparkle and not so much of the actual stones.

Thank you all so much!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
buy the FL one
11.gif
. Seriously, with custom you are never guarenteed to get exactly like you want or picture it. It''s very difficult to copy technique if that''s the major difference. I think you could show whomever is making your ring this thread and see if they notice the difference and hope for best
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results