shape
carat
color
clarity

redbarrels?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Has anyone ever purchased from this seller before? I saw someone here who bought some Hauyne and I LOVE that color!!!!!! He is the only one I can find who sells the stuff on ebay and the whole internet. That stuff is REALLy hard to find!

Anywho...good experiances?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Good question! They also sell small bixbite parcels and Montana sapphires, and I''ve wondered about them too but never had the pluck to pick something up. Anyone else?

PS. They also sell Hauyne on JTV. Not an ideal source, but great return policy.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I looked on JTV.com and they didnt have any hauyne. Sometimes they sell stuff as an immitation and have the name in the discription so you think its the stone till you look closer. They do that with paraiba.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just looked at my ebay and I won this! I didnt expect to win with my low high bid, but thats OK! lol. I am still watching the other set I wanted so I am still open to reviews!!!

So I will let you know how they turn out when I get them. I also bought a glass teardrop pendant vial to put them in (because I dont feel like having a couple hundred hauynes cut). I am going to pick out the most vivid and clean blues and put them in the pendant. I am also going to do some testing on them to make sure they are real.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350327830712&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Oh they are real..that is Matt Mabus..aka. red barrels..no need for testing he is a good person a very reputable..the hauyne are very very small..you can''t really get them cut..well you can but you are talking 2 or 3 point stones ..

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2010 1:08:12 PM
Author:RockHugger
Has anyone ever purchased from this seller before? I saw someone here who bought some Hauyne and I LOVE that color!!!!!! He is the only one I can find who sells the stuff on ebay and the whole internet. That stuff is REALLy hard to find!

Anywho...good experiances?
Actually amethystguy just sold a bunch of loose Hauyne rough. They were gorgeous and very affordable.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/21/2010 4:44:43 PM
Author: amethystguy
Oh they are real..that is Matt Mabus..aka. red barrels..no need for testing he is a good person a very reputable..the hauyne are very very small..you can''t really get them cut..well you can but you are talking 2 or 3 point stones ..
I am picking out the best ones and putting them in a vial pendant to display on a necklace. That way they are safe and still wearable!!

Thank you ammyguy for your review. You made me feel a little more secure in my purchase lol.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amguy,
Does Redbarrels have more than one store on ebay, because I noticed some other German based sites selling hauyne on ebay as well. I do know the Gemtrader sometimes carries it as well. I saw a classified ad for some larger pieces recently, around 11 to 17 points, which is huge for hauyne. They did come with the caveat that they might be resin filled, which I did not know what a treatment now being used for hauyne.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Nope he has just that one..and an endless supply of hauyne..he has been selling some every week for the last year and a half..

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
where does he get it all from?! For a stone that is supposed to be rare, he sure does move it!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kox gems has a good inventory of hauyne, although I haven''t bought from them myself, I have heard good reviews.

http://www.kox-gems.com/

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
If anyone is ever looking for hauyne cut stones..i have been chatting with these guys off and on for a few months..prices seem pretty good and they have some sizable ones too.
http://www.hauyne.eu/index.php?language=eng
Personally I consider the best blue in the gem world to be hauyne and of course sapphire....hard to beat a good blue hauyne

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 3:05:09 PM
If anyone is ever looking for hauyne cut stones..i have been chatting with these guys off and on for a few months..prices seem pretty good and they have some sizable ones too.
Personally I consider the best blue in the gem world to be hauyne and of course sapphire....hard to beat a good blue hauyne
That''s good info AG!
36.gif
I''ll make sure to keep a look out.
2.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RH, I was thinking, if this rough can not be cut, can you tumble it and make a necklace out of it? I have seen necklaces made of tumbled diamonds and seed pearls...look very nice, Or corals, they are small but look nice, too.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/22/2010 4:44:03 PM
Author: crasru
RH, I was thinking, if this rough can not be cut, can you tumble it and make a necklace out of it? I have seen necklaces made of tumbled diamonds and seed pearls...look very nice, Or corals, they are small but look nice, too.
I am just goina put it in my vial pendant as as. I will post pics when I do.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m pretty sure that I bought some from them last year. If it was them (brain cells on a go slow tonight) their customer service was excellent (as was the Hauyne).

I agree that the blue of Hauyne is amongst the most outstanding I''ve ever seen.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

I have a necklace of tumbled emeralds that I love. What color are your diamonds?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/22/2010 4:56:46 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

I''m pretty sure that I bought some from them last year. If it was them (brain cells on a go slow tonight) their customer service was excellent (as was the Hauyne).

I agree that the blue of Hauyne is amongst the most outstanding I''ve ever seen.
LD - have you posted any pictures of your hauyne? What are the specs?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry, my mistake. Not diamonds, of course - garnets!
Freudian slip...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2010 9:35:02 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

No I haven''t. I''ve got a few pieces of faceted material and quite a bit of rough that I was going to set into a pendant but haven''t taken any photos.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/23/2010 6:00:43 PM

Date: 3/22/2010 9:35:02 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

No I haven''t. I''ve got a few pieces of faceted material and quite a bit of rough that I was going to set into a pendant but haven''t taken any photos.
For shame, LD, for shame... What sort of reply is that from a PSer?

(just kidding, of course!)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 9:40:26 PM

Sorry, my mistake. Not diamonds, of course - garnets!

Freudian slip...

Ahh, ok! I was wondering
1.gif

xlent

Rough_Rock
I have his site favorited because he sells some interesting rocks.
Please post feedback on the purchase because I would like to bid on some of his items.

The best ebay purchase I have made so far is a collection of lab created..clearly labeled..and treated stones..and a jewelers loupe..because now I can study the "created stones." Now I am buying real rocks and rare ones seem to sell cheap on ebay because no one bids on the lesser known varieties.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I used to have a big bag of hauyne and i must say it is a true neon blue..when i would try to photograph it with my scope it would screw up the color balance on my camera..the blue was so intense when i would have a little pile to shoot it would turn the background white paper yellow..no other stones, rough, or specimen i have photographed has done that..only when i would photo hauyne..did it every time too..it had to do with the intense blue color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results