shape
carat
color
clarity

Recut candidate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rstillin

Rough_Rock
What makes a diamond good as a recut candidate?
I guess you want to make as few facet recuts as possible, and make sure you don''t expose any flaws in the process. Pavilion only recut the favorite for cutters? (my understanding this is the most critical angle, so a steep pavilion recut to a better angle might produce the best bang for the buck or least risk/reward)

Can a pavilion only recut be done such that H&A symmetry can be achieved if the crown facets have good symmetry?

Do the diamond cutters out there look for cut stones to recut and turn a profit, or are there no profits in recutting a "good" stone into H&A or 8* type of stone?

just curious, there might be a 5k spread in a non-"ideal" cut 2ct stone and a H&A stone, or "ideal" cut.

Ross

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In the beginning of Infinity-history, we could only work with re-cuts, since we did not have the means to buy parcels of rough.

From those days, I remember, that we had to consider about 100 stones for each profitable re-cut. That is, 100 stones of which the basic numbers seemed to make them eligible for a re-cut, which is a lot less than the pile of stones than we rejected on the numbers only.

Does this make it clear that re-cutting is no option for amateurs?

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results