shape
carat
color
clarity

Rectangular Princess Cut feedback please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pachanga876

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at a rectangular Princess cut stone. I like the shape but I wanted feedback on proportions and price:

F
0.71ct
5.09 x 4.44 x 3.63
SI1
Pavilion: 64.9%
Table: 85.8%
$4300

The price is a bit ridiculous so I intend to bargain, I''m willing to pay $3000 for it. Should I be concerned about the high Table %?

Thanks

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
pachanga876,

You can buy a much better cut princess online for half that price. Don''t waste your time bargaining for a poorly cut stone. If you like the vendor and want to give them your business let them know you want to have your cake and eat it too! Demand a much better cut stone at a much more reasonable price.

Curious - why a rectangular princess? Nothing wrong with them but they''re harder to find. If you like the rectangular shape have you considered a radiant? They can be quite beautiful and also tend to look a little bigger than a princess of the same carat weight. Just a thought...

pachanga876

Rough_Rock
Jim

I like the look of a longer stone and that''s why I''m interested in the rectangular princess. Emeralds are great but I only like them once they get in the 2+ ct. range. I''m not attracted to the spring and tycoon cuts I''ve seen. I was considering a radiant but I didn''t like the shattered glass look. I might look at a few more radiant cuts if I can find them. Do you have any other suggestions for rectangular stones.

As far as looking online, I''m willing to purchase online but I''m apprehensive about buying a fancy shaped stone online. I''m also considering a three stone round ring and I wouldn''t have any issues buying that from the net. I took a look at the princess today and despite the nasty table it looked great. Do you have any thoughts about the proportion and the stone?

Pachanga

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2005 12:22:19 AM
Author: pachanga876

I took a look at the princess today and despite the nasty table it looked great.
Most diamonds look nice by themselves. The trick is to keep shoppers from seeing any better
2.gif
It seems to work too! despite the price of these little things
7.gif

I haven't seen this particular stone, of course. It might stand out allright, chances are allot better is feasible. There's only that much to guess from table & depth.

Anyway, the very large table makes the edges of the stone brittle - especially if the girdle is thin as well. There must be some discount for the rectangular shape... at least by tradition. Princess cuts are meant to be square - if not, the long sides become dull. Without seeing what you see, there isn't allot more to say that "theory" - what i'd be looking for in comparison with with what best can be expected from a princess cut. Hope this makes sense... I surely do not think diamonds must look good to "experts" - whatever cut quality measn it should show asap in side by side comparison. If you are given some choice in the first place, that is.

Just my 0.2, of course.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2005 9:1:28 PM
Author:pachanga876

The price is a bit ridiculous so I intend to bargain, I''m willing to pay $3000 for it.
How about 2k ?
31.gif
For this (there are others in the price range - this just came up the largest on the list).

The premium you mention seems to correspond to rather more fancy quality and brand names. I could not find one example right on target - but this 0.84cts G SI1 "Superbcert" princess might as well proove the point. At least there is something to show for the extra cash (all that cut tweaking, that is)
11.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The answer to your question...YES. I'm not going to sugar coat it even though you can't buy by the numbers...that is horrid.
7.gif
Sorry.

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
I not only have a rec pricess but also one w/ a large table. i too love the rec shape but did not want the scattered glass look of radiant and do not prefer emerald cut. it is hard to find a rec princess so good luck. My ring by stats is not the best but in person it is very beautiful so i took a chance and went w/ it even though the table was large and crown low. sometimes w/ PC u have to go but looking at it. and make a personal choice. i got a beautiful princess w/ unique rec shape that looks larger then it is. the charts are a guideline but w/ princess i think your eye is the final say so. heres a pic if u want to see more search under my name i have posted better ones. Here are the specs. good luck. o and BTY i did get a discount for it being rec shape and large table so it made it worth it even more.

EGL Certificate
1.41ct
Rect. Mod. Brilliant
H
VS2
6.57 6.16 4.46
Depth 72.4
Table 83.0
Crown 5.7
Pavilion 63.3
Girdle thin to thick
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Florescence none
Cutlet none
Ratio 1.7

DSCN0538.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results