shape
carat
color
clarity

Rectangular Modified Brilliant Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicole72680

Rough_Rock
When i was at Tiffany the sales girl showed me this gorgeous ring. It was square shape with cut corners and sparkled like crazy, she told me it was RMB rectangular modified brilliant. Almost like a square round stone. It was not a princess nor was it a radiant stone. The setting was beautiful and it had 2 trillions on each side. The center stone was a 2.12 carats and the side stones were .25 each and it was 47,000 plus tax!!! Where can i find this stone, its not in any search boxes online. I live in the NY area.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
''Rectangular modified brilliants'' can be cushion, Radiants and princess cuts and another 100 of nameless fancies - all version of the ''brilliant'' face pattern with a the length at least 5% longer than the width (the cut between ''square'' and ''rectangular'' on a GIA cert). No help there
8.gif

Now, Tiffany does not sell princess cuts. But this still leaves some range. Your description reminds me of a rectangular cushion (a rectangular shape with rounded corners)... but I don''t know, really.

gracie007

Rough_Rock
i don''t know much, but it sounds very cushion-esque to me!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw a few of those in my NYC Diamond District hunt ... can''t recall the exact store names though. I know that they were often used in Tiffany Legacy ring knock-offs as the center stone. I saw a squarish one too in an octagonal halo with split shank pave sides ... it was my #2 choice, and I''m an Asscher gal.

Nicole72680

Rough_Rock
its between asscher and the rmb, im jsut nervous i wont find it other than in tiffany

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve def. def. seen it ... check out the Diamond District ... you''ll probably be able to see a few in the window displays. But I would recommend looking for GIA certs & maybe putting the stone on hold before purchasing, so you can check out the specs here 1st.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2006 12:03:16 PM
Author: Nicole72680
its between asscher and the rmb, im jsut nervous i wont find it other than in tiffany

That is more clear - the thing is called ''Lucida'' and it is a branded cut. You are right to call it ''between round and asscher'' because the pavilion is sort of brilliant cut and the crown step cut. Another brand uses a very similar facet pattern - just enough to be different ''on paper'' IMO. That other one is called ''Lucere''. You can find their dedicated page on the web... Among the sellers posting here. Good Old Gold carries them and there was one posted on ''Show me the ring'' recently.

Since Lucere is also a branded cut with limited supply, there should be a premium for these stones compared to the ''generic'' modified brilliants... but perhaps not as much as Tiffany''s.

Besides, you may just be lucky to find a Tiffany Lucida ring w/o (much of) the premium. Here''s one: LINK

Hope some of this helps
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results