shape
carat
color
clarity

Rec''s for restaurants Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and daughter are off for our trip to the USA at the end of September (Insert one of Lorelie''s cheering emiticons if I knew how) Any hoo looking for rec''s for must do''s and restaurants. We are staying at Signatures at the MGM grand and we are foodies even the child
emteeth.gif
First stop is Hawaii Wakiki then LA then LV then San Fran. I will post separate calls for help as well
9.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Okada in the Wynn hotel- teppanyaki style, but not quite traditional. Has gorgeous views of the waterfalls and the food and service is EXCELLENT!

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely Robuchon in the MGM! Go to the Atelier side, it''s the same food but much more relaxed and you can order whatever strikes your fancy (vs. the prix fixe side).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got excited because I thought you would be in LV the same time I will be there but nope. I love Olivie''s in the Bellagio, nice casual Italian food. Have fun Kate!!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 9:47:38 PM
Author: MaryAlaina
Okada in the Wynn hotel- teppanyaki style, but not quite traditional. Has gorgeous views of the waterfalls and the food and service is EXCELLENT!
Perfect maryAlaina we love Japanese. Thanks so much.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 10:31:40 PM
Author: chiefneil
Absolutely Robuchon in the MGM! Go to the Atelier side, it's the same food but much more relaxed and you can order whatever strikes your fancy (vs. the prix fixe side).
Thanks Chiefneil I believe you directed me to Signatures in the first place. I'll check out Robuchon definitely.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 11:01:46 PM
Author: Skippy123
I got excited because I thought you would be in LV the same time I will be there but nope. I love Olivie''s in the Bellagio, nice casual Italian food. Have fun Kate!!!
Oh Skippy that would have been cool if you were but never mind. Olive''s sounds great too!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a dessert or snack you *HAVE* to check out "The Chocolate Swan" in Mandalay Bay. It is to die for (if you have a sweet tooth) and I NEVER forget to go there while in Vegas.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
was just at Tao at the Venetian...very yummy asian fusion and tasty drinks. Also recommend Olives in Bellagio, Cirque in Bellagio, Aureole in Mandalay Bay...there is a really good Italian place in MGM i can''t recall the name of. steak at delmonicos or smith and wollensky (yummy truffled mac and cheese!).

there are so many fabulous restaurants in Vegas!! For bakery goods, the Venetian has an amazing French(?) pastry place in the shopping area...and also they have Coccolini gelato in 2 areas in the hotel, SO yummy and I guess they make it with skim milk so it''s more healthy...bonus! We also had lunch a few weeks ago while there at some newish place right across from Postrio which had yummy margherita pizza''s, it''s some Italian place...good for lunch if shopping around there.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
We love Joe's Seafood, Prime Rib & Stone Crab in the Forum at Caesar's Palace. Also if you like Beatles music DO NOT MISS the Beatles Love Cirque du Soleil show at the Mirage. We saw it last month when we were there and it was incredible!!! Hope you guys have a wonderful trip!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We LOOOVE the Hofbrauhaus! Great, authentic german food and entertainment. We talked FI's german grandmother into visiting last time she was in Vegas and she just went nuts.

If you go, wear earplugs
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby was talking about how much he loves Olive''s and wants to go back so I will let you know what I think after I eat there again. I love the Bellagio buffet; I love all you can eat crab legs. My state does not have the best seafood so I got to get my fix. hehehe I also like the Stage Deli in the Forum since we don''t have NY deli''s where I live either. Gosh all this food talk has me hungry for Las Vegas food; the best!!!
18.gif
Mara, is right about the gelato place in the Ventian too; very yummy! Has anyone tried Rosemary''s??? It is suppose to be delicious!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mara the Venitian rec sounds good maybe for breakfast.
Tacori E-ring the CChocolate Swan is already on my DD list as her best friend went there last year.
Sundial thanks and Love is definitely on our list of shows. Maybe Spamalot but not sure if DD will appreciate it. May have to get her to watch the Holy Grail in advance.
Musey I never have had german food so maybe this is the time to experience it
9.gif
Skippy thanks I know you said you have never been to the Grand Canyon is that right? We want to go but i know there is debate over the west versus the south. I think the south rim is more spectacular but further away. I don''t think I could cope being in small plane for too lone.
Anyone done this?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Bouchon for brunch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results