shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations for vintage jewelry in New Orleans

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m going back to Nola for the first time in years. When I was there before I did not have the interest in vintage jewelry that I do now so I’m not familiar with any stores but I know there are many. Does anybody have recommendations for good ones? Or even pawnshops that might carry good stuff?

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
This...sigh!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Wow @Neptune that is some of the sickest eye candy I have ever seen. I will definitely have to check that out! I know exactly where that is located too.

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
I just took the online 3D tour of Rau's and also watched some of their youtube videos. Whoa! :kiss2:

Have fun in NOLA @Mreader!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I never updated this thread and sadly I don't have any pictures. But I did visit M.S. Rau on Royal. It was an amazing store that is more of a museum; three floors of jewelry, art, and furniture. Most people are looking not buying and the staff is very friendly. I saw their 10ct pink diamond, blue and gray diamonds, and many, many old cut necklaces, bracelets and rings. I don't have pictures because none came out well enough to post as the glass was reflective. But they allow you to take photos no problem.

Some highlights that I saw in person:

Giant pink diamond three stone:

And this necklace converts to two bracelets:

This moi/toi:

This fancy blue:

I definitely recommend you drop in if you're in NOLA!

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
Cool! I'm glad you got to visit, @Mreader :)
Do they allow you to touch/try on any pieces, or only look at them?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Cool! I'm glad you got to visit, @Mreader :)
Do they allow you to touch/try on any pieces, or only look at them?

You could try on and look at them. She took the bracelet necklace out to show me and just did that on her own accord because I mentioned really loved old cut stones. But I felt a bit shy about asking to try on a bunch of things when I knew I couldn’t afford them in 1 million years!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results