shape
carat
color
clarity

recognize this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pepperell

Rough_Rock
or, to be more exact, something like this stone/setting combo:

http://www.icestore.com/gallery/diamond_ring_gallery_detail.asp?ID=132

I like how the setting comes up to meet the stone so it (looks) like it won''t get hung up on everything while she''s wearing it. The cathedral also looks like i strengthens the mount. Anyone know where these are from or something like it?

ice store has them for $1050 which seems way overpriced for a simple solitaire setting.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not overpriced IMHO as it is platinum. Platinum is expensive.
2.gif

pepperell

Rough_Rock
here are some other similar platinum setting prices:

Platinum Four-Prong Solitaire Setting
$375.00

Platinum Six-Prong Solitaire Setting
$375.00

Platinum Tapered Cathedral Setting
$600.00

why almost double the price for a similar amount of platinum / workmanship?

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
The same reason some people will pay ridiculous amounts for designer clothes, it''s a markup for craftsmanship that can''t be found at many other locations.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t seen that exact one, but it''s possibly a designer setting. I found something similar http://www.diamond.com/DYS2.asp
for a bit less... but the band is pretty substantial and it may be (as kaleigh said) just a factor of the amount of metal used in the setting.

If you go to solomonbrothers.com, search for solitaire rings in platinum metal... you will see a ton of different options from designer to generic. I think that price above is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results