shape
carat
color
clarity

Recipes needed for fresh coconut...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My husband''s family has a tradition of putting a coconut in everyone''s stocking for Christmas. Now we have 4 of them. I''m not sure what to do with fresh, unsweetened coconut but I don''t want the coconuts to go to waste.

So, I''m looking for recipes that would use the meat of the coconut. I would prefer non-dessert recipes because we don''t really eat desserts much.
18.gif

Any suggestions hugely appreciated.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I love foodnetwork for recipes.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2005 11:50:33 AM
Author:IslandDreams
My husband's family has a tradition of putting a coconut in everyone's stocking for Christmas. Now we have 4 of them. I'm not sure what to do with fresh, unsweetened coconut but I don't want the coconuts to go to waste.

So, I'm looking for recipes that would use the meat of the coconut. I would prefer non-dessert recipes because we don't really eat desserts much.
18.gif

Any suggestions hugely appreciated.

I knew that not too long ago I made a recipe that called for fresh coconut and I substituted frozen. I was trying to recall what it was. I finally remembered that it was a Brazilian dessert I made with my daughter for her school project last year. Unfortunately, not only was it a dessert, but it was truly awful. Maybe I can help out with some other cooking or baking question!

Deb ;-)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI coconut is a diaharetic(sp)...

We learned that while in Tahiti and eating them all day long...
40.gif
TMI I know. It was a hilarious lesson...
9.gif

I adore coconut. You can do the coconut fried shrimp, yum...or something similar. Fish with coconut and salsa toppings etc. Coconut is sweet so think of something that is tangy to play against the flavors.

Food Network is great for recipes!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Foodnetwork has some really good ideas. Also, a recipe to process the coconut into coconut milk which is much easier to find recipes for.

mara--thanks for the info on the consquences of too much coconut. I''ll remember to be careful!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2005 2:37:30 PM
Author: Mara
coconut is a diaharetic(sp)...

Mara,

The word is, "diuretic", but from the spelling you used I suspect you do not mean a diuretic (which helps one lose water the body has been retaining in the form of urine), but something else entirely. Would you care to elucidate?

Deb...wondering and thinking she should know!!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I think Mara is saying that it helped to keep her and Greg regular... maybe a little too regular. A good type/source for ruffage.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 3:43:52 PM
Author: njc
I think Mara is saying that it helped to keep her and Greg regular... maybe a little too regular. A good type/source for ruffage.
Thanks that is exactly what I meant! I actually didn''t have any issues, but one day after a pizza lunch which included Greg sucking down a coconut milk drink in a coconut we did have to pull over in the wilderness and cut a hike short...tee hee. That was priceless!
9.gif
It was only AFTER that which we found out about the wonders of coconut...no wonder everyone looked at me oddly when I asked for a coconut milk drink.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results