shape
carat
color
clarity

Recently Engaged

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diane Squiccimarro

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I have been reading posts prior to my engagement about all the different elements regarding a diamond. I had already ordered my stone when I saw a lot of different reviews for a radiant cut diamond. The spec''s of my stone are:

GIA
6.81x6.17x4.28
color E
VS2
depth 69.4
table 73
girdle slightly thick to very thick
polish excellent
symmetry very good

I simply adore my stone, it has high scillitation, and a lot of fire in many types of light settings. I had the center stone appraised before it was set. I travelled 2 hours to Albany to an independent appraiser. He showed me everything about my diamond. He appraised it for a lot more than what we paid (which I was glad). I have to go back with my ring and he will give me the full appraisal with pictures for insurance purposes.

My question is: What is the face up value of a 1.50 stone. I know that the whole stone is 1.50 carats, but for a square shape what should be the (i guess) spread. They give you size charts for a round stone, but what about a square. I think it looks large, but I am wondering by the specs if it is.

If anyone can reply thank you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement first of all! I don''t know much about radiant diamonds but the spread in general depends on the table, depth and girdle proportions. Not sure what''s typical for a 1.5 radiant but if you do a Pricescope search on the available radiants in your carat range, you should see how your stone compares to other stones out there. You can also use AGA charts to see the desired proportions for radiants.

Diane Squiccimarro

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the info elepri. I appreciate it. I am very happy with my ring and I waited a long time for it. I know I am probably being silly, but I just wanted to compare it. I will check out other radiants and see if I can find my answer. Thank you again.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the calibrated size for 1.5cts is 8 x 6 mm (the "sperad" would be the surface area - 7mm square).

This is theory though, most radiants are allot smaller. The thick girdle of your stone does "waste" some material, but the stone is not too deep, so the size remains rather large. The difference of size between your stone and the "standard" 1.5 cts is barely there, if visible at all (6.5 square mm versus 7). I would not worry about it.

Can we see the ring ?
9.gif

Diane Squiccimarro

Rough_Rock
Thank you valeria for the info. This answers my question. Wow, I have pictures of the size from Johan and numbers from you and great info from the other members. Thank you all.

I have pictures of the ring, I will try and post them tomorrow. I am having problems downloading the images. I think there is a problem with the service I use, because I cannot get my email either. I will have to call them tomorrow since they are not there on the weekend.

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the engagement!!!! I am here mostly to look around...not too much help with diamonds!
2.gif

Diane Squiccimarro

Rough_Rock
Thank you IHeartWF. I am not that knowedgeable about diamonds, but I am learning also.
28.gif
35.gif
Everyone is so nice and informative.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results