shape
carat
color
clarity

Rebecca Minkoff Sample Sale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
For those of you who may be SF Bay Area Bag lovers - the Rebecca Minkoff sample sale is going on right now - information should be on her website. Its amazing
30.gif
30.gif

I stopped by first thing this morning and got a couple of treasures. First up a shot of both bags - a Flatiron Grey Nikki Hobo, and a Noir Matinee - the pics really don''t do these gorgeous bags justice, but I''ll try to get some better ones when the light is better...

FINikki+NoirMattie11.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
You knew I was going to have lots more pictures, right?

FINikki+NoirMattie22.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I love how soft and smooshy the leather is on the Nikki...

FINikkismooshy33.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
This leather is just buttery in person
30.gif

FINikkismooshy44.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That last shot without the flash gave a better color of the actual grey color, hopefully this one will as well.

FINikkismooshy55.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the Noir Matinee - I love how having the flaps folded one way or the other totally changes the look of this bag.

NoirMattiePic66.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Here she is with the flaps out

NoirMattiePic77.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And then I had to post a few of my rapidly-growing little RM family

RMBagFamilyShot99.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Another family shot - love the smoosh factor

RMBagFamilyShot91.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
One more of the smoosh

RMBagFamilyShot92.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And finally a family shot all side by side - definitely go check out this sale if you are in the area!!

RMBagFamilyShot93.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh so jealous! Love them AG! But it''s bling season not bag season for me right now.
2.gif

I have a stonewash gray/blue Nikki and it is my favorite bag ever.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
NF - I had a feeling you''d probably see this thread first
2.gif
yeah, I''m in sort of a both season right now, but I think after my RHR job pressie is finished plus this SS loot, I''m definitely done for a while (at least until my b-day in March anyway
31.gif
). I LOVE that Nikki already - I just got done weatherproofing it (mind you, I should be working on my thesis
20.gif
3.gif
) because its supposed to start raining here tomorrow and I really want to wear it out tomorrow.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
ACK you are KILLING ME AMBER! They''re both GORGEOUS! You know I love your purple RM and the shape of the black Matinee is KILLER. I love a good satchel and I think I actually like the Matinee better than the Morning After...or maybe they''re tied! They''re both so good! And the grey Nikki is gorgeous, too! You lucky duck, with your sales and sample sales! You deserve them after landing your dream job!

I want another RM bag so bad now! And I am broke from too much shopping, of course! Let''s just say I''ll have to do a little bag post of my own soon!
12.gif

Okay I guess I''ll go post in my own boring school thread now...I came over here as soon as you called!
3.gif

Carbonlove

Rough_Rock
8.gif
Wish I lived there so I could go. Can I ask how much the bags are at the sample sales?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW-I love them!! The Nikki is absolutely gorgeous-wow!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ooh - thing2, can't WAIT to see what you got - now I'm going to be all twitchy with anticipation waiting to see
3.gif
2.gif

Funny about the MAM and the Matinee - I didn't think the matinee shape would work on me in person but its actually super cute. I actually love them all equally, but for different looks/reasons. The matinee has a shimmer to the leather, and with the deep black color, it looks just a bit edgy and rocker in person, but still professional enough that I should be able to carry it to work.

The MAM has the most luscious, soft, deeply colored leather - the picture doesn't even remotely capture it but the color is absolutely amazing in person.

The Nikki is just so soft and smooshy and the grey is a beautiful grey and will go with absolutely everything.

I was kind of hoping to find one more really deep, luscious color like the MAM - I was hoping for a deep burgundy or green, but I'm really happy with what I found, and hey, can't beat the prices
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 8:00:51 AM
Author: Carbonlove
8.gif
Wish I lived there so I could go. Can I ask how much the bags are at the sample sales?

Carbonlove - I don''t remember all of the prices exactly, but all the full sized bags (MAB, MAM, Nikkis, etc...were all around $300, which is about 50% of normal retail price).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 9:31:17 AM
Author: bee*
WOW-I love them!! The Nikki is absolutely gorgeous-wow!

Thanks Bee* - I''m definitely in love myself.

Oh, and I don''t think I mentioned this - Rebecca herself was/is actually at the sale - she was helping ring up orders
36.gif
36.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love those.
You got a great deal!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks bebe - I''m really loving my growing collection. I carried the black matinee for the first time today and I think my friend thought it was kind of funnny how I couldn''t stop playing with it, but I just love it so much
9.gif
30.gif

Carbonlove

Rough_Rock
That sounds nice! I''ll have to make a trip next time! I love the bags you got!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks carbonlove. You might want to check the purse forum''s Rebecca Minkoff forum as well - they may list the leftovers from the sample sale there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results