shape
carat
color
clarity

Reasonable price for this piece?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted about the inclusions in this one in the Rocky Talk forum but wanted to see what the vintage lovers thought.

This is a Victorian old mine diamond cluster with 1.40 carats of diamonds, the center is 1/2 carat and the surrounding diamonds are 2.5-3mm.

Here is the thing, the center diamond has some significant feather inclusions under a loupe, less noticeable on the hand but you can tell it is "mushy". Despite this it has relatively nice sparkle. The setting is ore? I haven't seen this before and the band is yellow gold. The diameter of the ring is 11mm.

First off, what is a reasonable price you would think for this and would you be forgiving of the inclusions with a piece of this age and old cut diamonds?

Here are some pictures:

IMG_9629.JPG IMG_9639.JPG IMG_9671.JPG IMG_9692.JPG IMG_9693.JPG IMG_9694.JPG

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How many of the surrounding diamonds have chips?

I'm pretty flexible when it comes to inclusions in antique pieces (love a bargain!) as long as the piece sparkles pretty and the inclusions aren't noticeable from a regular viewing distance. I'd definitely be tempted around the $500-600 mark, but not at $1k.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
It’s charming! I like it a lot, but I would not pay more than what ontheblackrock said

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
K. So you have your holy grail. Would this be for your right hand? If the pics are not under a loupe and the center stone looks like it’s chipped, I wouldn’t pay more than 500.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm - difficult. In real life you probably won‘t see the inclusions too much. And if it still sparkles plenty, which I bet it does, and you like it, I‘d be willing to go up to around 700 or 800. At the end it is 1.4 ct

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, yes it would be a right hand ring since my heart ring is worn on my left. Thanks for weighing in!

@Roselina, despite the diamonds being less than perfect it was a sparkly piece, thanks for your thoughts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results