shape
carat
color
clarity

Really great photographer referral

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I will look into other avenues for this but thought I would ask here as well.

I am doing a DW in Riviera Maya Mexcio and my number one priority is photographer. I have heard a lot brides bring their own photographer down and the photographer discounts his/her time because he/she gets a vacation out of it, so now that opens up the arena really broadly. Any recommendations for a great photographer that does a lot of photojournalistic shots, can capture the beauty and colors of Mexico and the beach, doesn''t do too many posed shots? I am not a typical bride in that I get the magazines, go on all the websites, and know all this stuff. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Our budget is $6K so anything above that won''t work if you know the photogs pricing. Also, I am located in SF bay area if that helps.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m obsessed with Elizabeth Medina. If I were going to have a wedding in Mexico, she''s who I''d use.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 10:12:48 PM
Author: princesss
I''m obsessed with Elizabeth Medina. If I were going to have a wedding in Mexico, she''s who I''d use.
princesss, she''s amazing!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
wow-she''s incredible!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gene Hinga will. http://www.genehiga.com/ and he loves doing destination type weddings. As for budget, you'd have to ask him but his photography is amazing. My photographer www.artofemotion.com was great as well. Not sure about the budget there either, but if there is a discount due to vacation-- maybe!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all! I emailed Elizabeth for a quote yesterday. I am obsessed with some local Mexican photgraphers because I really love how they capture everyone and the emotions of the day. I really want to do both the wedding and a trash the dress with them but that puts them over $7K or I would have to have less coverage at the wedding to afford it. Does anyone know people that do really photojournalistic style like http://www.delsolphotography.com/?

I will look into the other photographers you recommended Gypsy. Thanks!

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
How many hours of coverage do you need? I know that my photographer does many destination weddings, AND she is amazing. Located in Austin, TX
http://www.christinacarrollphotography.com/

She offers 15 percent off of package prices for destination weddings.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I would also go with Elizabeth Medina. I think she is in your budget.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
DelSol and Elizabeth Medina (who we went with) both do fantastic wedding photography. I''m not sure what resort you''re getting married at; do you know if they have a list of preferred vendors? Some resorts in the Riviera Maya will only let you use their preferred vendors while others don''t mind you bringing your own photographer with you as long as they stay in the resort/a day pass is purchased.

I have some other names we also considered but it sounds (from the other thread) like you may be close to a decision. Can''t wait to hear what you decide.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info CDinNYC. I think we are going to go with del Sol. We are getting married in Tulum, at an independent hotel (non-A/I). I don't know which one yet because our scouting trip is next weekend. So there will be no outside vendor fees or we will choose a place that does not have one. Where did you get married? I have been on bestdestinationwedding forum too to make this all happen.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
You can't go wrong with del Sol; they do gorgeous work! That's great you won't have to worry about vendor fees; they quickly add up when you go with an AI resort. We got married at The Royal Playa del Carmen.

Were you still looking for invitation wording? We used something that was a bit out of the ordinary and would be happy to share if you'd like.

Best of luck with your scouting trip; I'm looking forward to reading your planning threads.
1.gif

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I would love invitation wording advice. Finding something different has actually been difficult and I am not too creative. But I def don''t want "request the pleasure of your company at their marriage", etc... or really anything cheesy. Seems most of the info I have found is how to word for who is hosting and not much on something different.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
We didn't want the invitation to be about who was hosting either. This is what we went with. ETA: Whoa, that was huge, sorry!

IMG_065223.jpg

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
is the $6K budget already includes the photogs transpo/stay? most DW photogs require that you also provide for their transpo, stay and meals.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results