shape
carat
color
clarity

Really confused....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gdales

Rough_Rock
Sorry I keep posting these questions but I am just starting my search and really confused. I finally heard from the jeweler about the Daniel K solitaire and they do not price the settings separately (I understand that) so they said that a 1 ct. asscher in this platinum solitaire setting was going to be around 15,000.00 give or take a little depending on the diamond. Now I talked to someone that went to a Daniel K diamond dealer in NYC and they saw many asschers that were around 1ct. and the prices ranged from 6500 - 8300.00. The more expensive one''s were D''s VVS1 (which I know isn''t much info on a diamond but just to give an example of the types of diamonds they were looking at.) So, what am I missing here?!?!?!? Are the diamonds that Daniel K puts in their settings that much better or is it just a ploy and I mean no disrespect by that. Now, I see why so many of you buy diamonds from the online vendors on pricescope!

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Hi gdales:

Don''t know if I can be of much help, but I''ll give it a go...

I just purchased a Daniel K 1.9 G VS2 asscher through Bill Pearlman in Battle Creek, MI. Most beautiful asscher I''ve ever seen, I am beyond thrilled. The Daniel K asschers are wonderful, but, I understand, are little more expensive than some others. I did not purchase a Daniel K setting.

With that said, the price sounds really, really high. I didn''t spend that for the 1.9 carat asscher.

I would ask the dealer to put a price on the stone and a price on the setting. You might also want to try and work on a discount if this is the ring that you really want. I have never purchased a piece of jewelry at the "retail" or "labeled" price.

Best of luck,

BB

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go look at the asschers at GOG. They are awesome. That''s where I got mine.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
There is QUITE a premium for a Daniel K setting, I know that....that would account for a lot of the 15k pricetag. (A lot lower, mind you, then what I was quoted for a Daniel K at Traditional Jewelers in Newport Beach, CA!!!)

gdales

Rough_Rock
I understand that there is a premium for the Daniel K but..... when you are quoted 6500-8300 for a diamond from a Daniel K diamond dealer and then 15,000.00 for a Daniel K ring with a comparable diamond to the Daniel K diamond dealer that tells me that almost 7000.00 additional dollars are being charged for either the setting or the work or whatever. I will try to post the setting so that you can see that even if it was made by GOD it is not a 7000.00 setting.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hate to say it, but $7000 for the setting alone sounds just about right, if I recall correctly, from our visit. (Made by Daniel K or God, or whomever!!!) Gorgeous rings, but custom work (Leon, WF, DCD, etc.....) for comparable is definitely cheaper.

gdales

Rough_Rock
For some reason it won''t let me post the pic again but you can see it under my original post "newbie with Daniel K question....." The price I was quoted was for the platinum solitaire setting with a 1 ct. asscher not the uternity band, believe it or not I found a 3ct asscher uternity band for a lot less than the 15,000.00 I was quoted for the e-ring. Just thought the whole thing was fishy but obviously I have much to learn.

gdales

Rough_Rock
Blueroses I would say yes but you can find halo micro-pave Daniel K settings with a 1 ct. stone for that same amount or a little more at other stores. I think my bf was quoted by Solomon bros (or some store named something like that) about the halo setting. This setting is simply platinum which I know is expensive (and maybe I am wrong) but I find it hard to believe that it would be more than one of the micro pave halo settings.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I understand the confusion now--I *was* talking about the micropave-halo setting--the empress/boxter--so that would explain it!!! Duh on my part!
20.gif

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I use Danial K fancy shaped diamonds where I can. Are they worth it? Yes! Most every stone is a Ex, Ex and the cut ratios are very tight. For similar stones on the market these are competitive. Daniel K is a NYC designer but his diamonds are supplied by a big boy out of Europe. Although I do not carry his line his workmanship is at the highest level in the trade. It is also a very expensive buy into his line and most dealers have to ask these prices for ROI purposes. Can others make similar "inspired"
20.gif
yes. Are they as good, no! Would I pay the money for a Louis Vuitton purse? No! Would my wife? Yes! You have to ask yourself if the brand is worth it to you and is it affordable. There is always someone will to sell for less you just have to do the leg work.

gdales

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your post. I have never questioned the Daniel K diamonds, I have seen them and am impressed and sold on their quality and worth. I just had a problem with the price from the jeweler compared to the prices from the Daniel K diamond dealer. I also think it strange now that the jeweler told me that they could not give me a price for the setting alone. I have never questioned their prices for the stones but their overall prices for the setting and the stone. By the way I love your site! You have a 3 round stone whitney boin ring that is still in the running, in fact it is the first ring that I truly fell in love with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results