shape
carat
color
clarity

Real or Fashion ring?

Jewelseeker

Rough_Rock
I apologize for the terrible pictures. I just took them on my phone. I realize I need to take this to a jeweler, but rediscovered this ring I inherited recently. I
Kcan’t find any markings inside indicating gold or otherwise although the rich color is exactly the same as two stamped gold bands I also came across stamped 18k. It’s pretty heavy and seems to be of good quality. My husband thanks it’s fake but I think I there is a good chance these are OEC diamonds and if so I would like to have them reset into a 7 stone band. Did they commonly make vintage rings without any markings? Are good antique “fakes” found more often? On that same note, I found a pendent in sterling silver with either OEC cut rhinestones or small diamonds. Was it common to put diamonds in sterling or are those most likely another look alike?
74C0BF63-098D-4AD5-8E13-298FE611856A.jpeg EC4EB14F-1107-4312-A4F9-3DA8292118CB.jpeg D8DE7C2E-A4BE-4E1C-A6EF-25F13FF39A14.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i cant really help you beyond crossing my fingers for real diamonds

who did yoi inherit it from ?
just being noisy and i like stories about inherited jewlery

Jewelseeker

Rough_Rock
I am honestly not sure who’s ring it was. It came from my grandmother but I don’t know if it was my grandfathers, her fathers, or a cousin or even older. Some things were found in a safe after my mother died so I unfortunately don’t know any back stories.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I can see in your photos - I lean towards simulant.

Reason being the ‘glassy’ look of the stones and their facet pattern, and the cluster stones don’t seem to have functioning prongs - they look to be there for aesthetics only.

To be sure, take to jeweler/pawn shop for testing tho!

Last edited:

Jewelseeker

Rough_Rock
From what I can see in your photos - I lean towards simulant.

Reason being the ‘glassy’ look of the stones and their facet pattern, and the cluster stones don’t seem to have functioning prongs - they look to be there for aesthetics only.

To be sure, take to jeweler/pawn shop for testing tho!

I see what you’re saying about the prongs. The ones holding the middle stone seem to be functional but the ones around it on the bezels look to only be for decoration. I don’t feel they look to glassy but just couldn’t capture that in photos but could be 100% wrong as I don’t know exactly what I’m looking for. I will definitely take it in but just didn’t want to feel silly! Thanks for your input!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pawnbrokers and most jewellers have a Presidum Gem tester. Useful for IDing CZ / glass instantly. Also if Diamond or Moissanite (Moissanite has other characteristics so a loupe can seperate from Diamond).
other clear gems include white sapphire, spinel or topaz and either natural or lab. Takes a bit more effort / testing to distinguish between those of set in jewellery.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm leaning towards costume. BUT..hooooooooooping it's a surprise when you have it tested. I'd be running to the closest jeweler today lol.

Jewelseeker

Rough_Rock
Pawnbrokers and most jewellers have a Presidum Gem tester. Useful for IDing CZ / glass instantly. Also if Diamond or Moissanite (Moissanite has other characteristics so a loupe can seperate from Diamond).
other clear gems include white sapphire, spinel or topaz and either natural or lab. Takes a bit more effort / testing to distinguish between those of set in jewellery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results