shape
carat
color
clarity

Real or Costume?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad I have time to decide, but the chandellier earrings are calling me!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to go with some Swarovski pearls & crystal combo jewelry. I adore the set I''d bought, but it turns out that my DHs family has a tradition of giving jewelry to all new brides. My MIL gave me a freshwater pearl necklace and pearl studs surrounded by tiny diamonds. I got to wear this beautiful set down the aisle. I then received a diamond bracelet and pendant from her sisters & brothers during the tea ceremony. (Talk about hooked up
3.gif
)
I would have been happy to wear the fakey set and either would make great heirlooms for any children we have. I guess it was really a matter of practicality for me. I love the jewelry I was gifted, but I never would have bought it on my own. I just don''t wear it enough to justify the expense. Shoot, the fakey stuff was almost too pricey for me!
I figure if you spend $1000 but wear it 1000x, then it''s only $1 per wear and a great deal. If you will only wear it once, it is not really worth the money.
Just my .2

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2005 6:51:35 PM
Author: LollyBear

I figure if you spend $1000 but wear it 1000x, then it''s only $1 per wear and a great deal. If you will only wear it once, it is not really worth the money.

Just my .2

I REALLY like that logic. I may use that line when we go w-band shopping if you don''t mind. Plus I can use 50 years/price.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori - Don''t forget to also point out that if you compromise now that you''ll likely need to replace it later. Get the best to start with and you shouldn''t feel the need to upgrade.

p.s. I just realized that I''d put in 20 cents instead of 2, LOL, I''m really not that opinionated.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2005 2:21:30 PM
Author: LollyBear
Don''t forget to also point out that if you compromise now that you''ll likely need to replace it later. Get the best to start with and you shouldn''t feel the need to upgrade.

Thats exactly how I feel about my jewelry!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I think it depends on if you plan on wearing the items much after the wedding. I wanted the traditional pearl look but knew I would never wear a pearl necklace as I''m not all that crazy about pearls. I went costume due to this. But, if you will wear them a few times a year then go for it- if it''s in the budget. Everyone will be so focused on your gown they won''t be looking too closely at your jewelry anyway.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Laney looks incredible.
36.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I am wearing real stuff. (except my tiara, which doesn''t even pretend to be real) All stuff I already own. Its not going to be real blingy. I''m just wearing my e-ring, my solitaire diamond pendant (.31 ct princess) and HOPEFULLY my fiance will get me some diamond studs before the wedding. If not.. that might be my something borrowed. :) I will just have to find someone to borrow from, since my mother doesn''t have any, i don''t think.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2005 1:28:21 PM
Author: MelissaSue
I am wearing real stuff. (except my tiara, which doesn''t even pretend to be real) All stuff I already own. Its not going to be real blingy. I''m just wearing my e-ring, my solitaire diamond pendant (.31 ct princess) and HOPEFULLY my fiance will get me some diamond studs before the wedding. If not.. that might be my something borrowed. :) I will just have to find someone to borrow from, since my mother doesn''t have any, i don''t think.
I''m sure you will look amazing!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Here are some earrings that I like.

merepearl.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
One more pair.

leah_special_ear.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results