shape
carat
color
clarity

Real Estate Pros, HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We are looking for a house to buy. Currently, our favorite is for sale by owner. And, I have some questions regarding these circumstances.

1. How do you put in an offer when you don''t go through an agent?

2. How do you make the offer contingent upon inspection and loan approval?

3. I realize it would be best to have our own attorney, but we can''t come up with more $ right now. What do we need to watch out for if we use the sellers attorney?

4. The yard is small so we would want to try to buy some property from the neighbor. Is this usual? What kind of $ would it be (for approx 45 x 30 ft of just grass. All this would do is square up the property line that is currently at a severe angle. Lots in our town go for around $6000.)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! TIA!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2008 10:45:19 PM
Author:somethingshiny
We are looking for a house to buy. Currently, our favorite is for sale by owner. And, I have some questions regarding these circumstances.

1. How do you put in an offer when you don''t go through an agent?

2. How do you make the offer contingent upon inspection and loan approval?

3. I realize it would be best to have our own attorney, but we can''t come up with more $ right now. What do we need to watch out for if we use the sellers attorney?

4. The yard is small so we would want to try to buy some property from the neighbor. Is this usual? What kind of $ would it be (for approx 45 x 30 ft of just grass. All this would do is square up the property line that is currently at a severe angle. Lots in our town go for around $6000.)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! TIA!!
you need your own attorney to represent you.

if you''re planning to buy some property from a neighbor, you first need to make sure its actually for sale....or the neighbor is willing to sell.

there should be forms online or in real estate course books. you write in your contingencies for inspection and loan approval.

do not look to the sellers attorney to represent your interests: that person has been hired by the other party first and his/her loyalty will always be with that person.

you need to be working with someone who is experienced with real estate.

movie zombie

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tip about online forms!

I''ve found a real estate agent that will do "for sale by owner". She''ll charge the seller a much smaller fee than if they were actually listed, but I''ll be covered legally.

Thanks, movie zombie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results