shape
carat
color
clarity

Read about something so sad...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 12:50:44 PM
Author:Peepa
About a couple who were taking their choking dog to the vet and they got pulled over for speeding. The cop told the driver, 'you can get another dog' while the driver was in a complete frenzy to save his dog's life. This got me thinking as to what I would do. What should the cop have done? What is legal and what is moral and which is right?
This actually happened to a friend of my mom's. Her Poodle puppy began "hacking" and acted as if it were choking. She hopped in the car and drove like a mad man to the vet. A cop got behind her and turned his lights on. She continued to the vet's office (must have been fairly close) and jumped out of the car. She had the choking dog in her hands and told the cop "Get out of my way. My dog is choking. you're going to have to wait." i'm sure she looked completely frazzled. He looked at her stunned and just mumbled "Slow down next time" and left.

I probably would have flipped my hazards on before i left, to at least let people know it was an emergency.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I just want from "happily sipping my morning coffee" to "blood boiling" in seconds. I would have flipped the F out. The moment I heard "It''s just a dog" I would have had my foot on the accelorator---screw that, arrest me at the vet''s office you dirtbag...and sorry if I run over your foot on the way. It''s just a foot.

I can''t stand superfluous litigation suits, but I''d be suing that cop six ways to Sunday.

Also, I do understand why a vet''s office would be somewhat far away. I live in Boston and there are no fewer than a dozen vet''s offices between our house and the vet we use (which is 30 miles away)...it''s hard to find a really great vet, so you end up driving a long distance to bypass the crappy ones.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I could understand that if my dog just needed a check-up or something, but choking is whole other thing, IMO.
8.gif

Maybe they were just caught up in the panic of the situation and weren''t thinking clearly. Or perhaps the only vet really is that far away--which would stink.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with you NEL.

F that guy. I don''t care if he''s a cop. Have some f-ing compassion. If that had been me and my animal, you would have seen a lot of tears, a lot of screaming and a lot of the F word.

Certainly not a lot of people can handle themselves while driving when they are on the phone, hysterical, speeding and with a cop on their tail, but I think that most officers would understand the situation.

I hope he gets fired. I''m tempted to call the San Marcos Police myself and tell them how disgusted I am, and how grateful I am to not live in a place where A-holes like that guy are given too much power.

There was no lack of training there.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 11:22:40 AM
Author: luckystar112
I could understand that if my dog just needed a check-up or something, but choking is whole other thing, IMO.
8.gif

Maybe they were just caught up in the panic of the situation and weren''t thinking clearly. Or perhaps the only vet really is that far away--which would stink.
Yeah, I don''t know what I was thinking, Lucky, you''re absolutely right. We do have all of the closest emergency vets mapped out, so if anything were to go wrong, we wouldn''t be making the trek to our normal vet. You''re right, he may not have been thinking clearly, I couldn''t even think clearly responding to the message, haha.

Poor dog. Awful cop.

Freke, I think you''d be justified in marching down there in some cute stilletos...for kicking, of course.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need steel toed stilettos...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results