shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-sizing Tennis Bracelets

Sanderson44

Rough_Rock
Hi! I put in some messages to jewelers but since it is the weekend, I thought I would ask here, does anyone know how hard/cost it would be to extend a tennis bracelet 1/4 to a 1/2"? I found one I love but it is a tiny tight. s-l1600 (2).jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 10

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silence? OK, semi-informed opinion follows.

Very do-able but a lot of work. Would need to be handmade. If the diamonds are pretty commoditized, that would help (looks like they are -- e.g., not OECs, etc.). Same if there were no engraving on the sides -- I can't see too much in your side view but looks pretty simple.

Hard to imagine it would be under four figures -- just guessing. I would think any good bench could do it.

We did something similar (for a relative) for a bracelet with great sentimental value. It was not "worth it," economically, but totally worth it to make it wearable for another generation. Not sure we would have done that for a new purchase with no history like you are considering.

Sanderson44

Rough_Rock
Silence? OK, semi-informed opinion follows.

Very do-able but a lot of work. Would need to be handmade. If the diamonds are pretty commoditized, that would help (looks like they are -- e.g., not OECs, etc.). Same if there were no engraving on the sides -- I can't see too much in your side view but looks pretty simple.

Hard to imagine it would be under four figures -- just guessing. I would think any good bench could do it.

We did something similar (for a relative) for a bracelet with great sentimental value. It was not "worth it," economically, but totally worth it to make it wearable for another generation. Not sure we would have done that for a new purchase with no history like you are considering.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO!!! I really appreciate it :)

chere

Shiny_Rock
I shortened my tennis bracelet twice and kept the spare links/stones. My jeweler said to hang onto them if I damaged a stone or wanted lengthen it. It took a week for them to do and was very affordable.

It might be expensive if you need the jeweler to source matching stones and to make the baskets.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results