shape
carat
color
clarity

re-post of question (3-sided pave w/ basket setting)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcchef

Rough_Rock

I am getting a three-sided pave ring with no diamonds on the prong. My jeweler is recommending a basket setting rather than the typical tiffany prong. The diamond is a 1.5c princess cut.

Can''t decide between basket setting and tiffany prong. Any advice?

If someone has a pic of a three-sided pave ring (michael b) with a basket setting, I would love to see it.

Thanks a lot.

a

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You might scroll through the pictures in the Forum E-Ring Folder in the Show Me the Ring forum to see if there are any rings like the ones you are considering. I have a three stone ring with round diamonds that has three sided pave on the shank. The stones are set in semi-bezels and I lke the fact that the setting is a little different than traditional prongs. Personally I think a princess would look great in a basket setting.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
check out Leon''s work. there are a ton of pictures of 3 sided pave rings that will help give you some ideas.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I have a ring with a basket setting and I love it! It looks more like the ring is casted in one piece (which is usually is if you go with this setting). I also think it looks more substantial. There is nothing special about regular prongs IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results