shape
carat
color
clarity

RB & Round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

umm.. okay, so I guess I was just wondering the "biggest" difference between the two.
I don't know much about RB's at all, and I know you guys are allllllll so smart
34.gif
9.gif
so maybe if someone could explain a (little) both stones?
Pictures or anything can always help :)
Thanks so much in advance!!

35.gif

EDIT TO NOTE - I actually meant radiant cut... I corrected myself two post down, but just in case... I made a mistake I meant difference between round and radiant. Thanks!

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
rb=round brilliant which is round. There is no diff on these forums as the term rb and round are used interchangably. :)

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am new to this thing...but I think...and don''t actually know...but the RB means Round Brilliant. And Round means Round....

Brilliant huh?
36.gif

Apparently there are other round cuts that aren''t brilliant cut...such an OEC-old european cut. Which when you look into the stone...you don''t see the same pattern of facets that the brilliant is known for. So you can have a round that is not a brilliant. And you can also have a brilliant that is not a round, such as in a square cut. It could be a SB square brilliant or an ECS emerald cut square. (the emerald cut is that beautiful stair step to infinity look-asschers have them too).

Again I shouldn''t have addressed this, there are too many knowledgable people who will help you better. I do hope I am right though!

Door Knob

PS. If you are about to hand someone money on a diamond, wait for another post to confirm this...please!

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
wow..
I must be SO much more tired then I thougth I was.
Okay, so when I wrote RB, I definitely meant to write radiant
12.gif

hahahaahahaha.
I appolagize.
BUT door knob, your info on the older cuts was interesting. I''ve read about them here, and seen a few.

(when I came back to check the replies... I didn''t get it. I was like what?! that can''t be right.what did I saaay?!!?! heeh) It''s been a lonngggg week of college and work and projects and mid terms
14.gif
haha. BUT THANK YOU once again kimberly and DK.. hehe..

I think school from 8-4 work from 4-12 projects and exams will NOT work out for me much longer...(I appolagize for my "typo" *GASP!*)

so we''lltry this again,
whats the main different between (new term now-) RB(hehehe) and a radiant cut.

(facet wise, etc)...?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
...and sometimes you will see SRB, which is for Standard Round Brilliant, meaning the classic 57/58 faceted pattern.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Yes there are other types of round cuts but since the majority are brilliant cut I think one can safely say a rb and a round is generally one and the same. The other/rarer cuts would usually have an extra label such as "Native cut round" ect ect.

I see gog has radiants.Interesting kinda like a rectangle with the corners chopped off and cut brilliant style.

What are the major differences? Guess there is an easy answer.
Ahem-Rounds have the capacity to return more light than radiants.
But if u prefer a radiant shape go fer it! That fact never stopped me from getting a fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results